Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2022, 07:11 PM   #1

2002 7.3L EB350 Quigley 4x4 SMB - Beauty for Sale!

Well it’s a sad day to have to put this Gem up for sale.

You may recognize this listing from January, when I purchased it and for those who missed out, now is your chance. For once, I was first in line! But sadly I’ve had a perfect storm of variables: financial, health, family, work etc. that mean I have to move it on to one lucky soul.

Slight caveat, that I am out of the country as of May 31st for 6 weeks, so if by chance it doesn’t go by then, there is a chance we can revisit in August. But who wouldn’t wanna put this baby to use this summer?

But, what that means is SERIOUS buyers only, with funds ready to go. I will obviously prioritize 1st come 1st served, but available funds will take precedent.

DETAILS:
Quigley 4 Wheel Drive
7.3 Turbo Diesel (Only 213k miles)
4:10 Gears • Both Axles Completely Rebuilt
Brand New Transmission
HD Suspension /RIP Kit by Agile Off-Road
Front End Rebuilt
Brakes Rebuilt
Vantage HD Custom Headlights
Custom Off-Road Lighting
480 Watts Solar Power
5000 Watt HD Inverter - 110v outlets and USB’s
12,500 LB Warn Winch
Onboard Air Compressor - Plumbed on front & rear bumpers
40 Gal Fuel Tank
Aluminess Front Bumper
Aluminess Rear Bumper
Aluminess Swing-Out Box
Aluminess Axe & Shovel Kit
Aluminess Swing-out Tire Carrier
Aluminess Side Ladders
Aluminess SUP/Surfboard Mounts
Aluminess Roof Rack
MaxTraxx Recovery Boards - Green - New
Black Rhino "Armory" Alloy Wheels
BF Goodrich All-Terrain Tires - LT285 / 70 R17
Sportsmobile Penthouse Power Top
Fiamma F45S Awning
Seats 5 • Sleeps 4
Orientable Lagoon table
Pop-Out Windows & Insulated Window Coverings
Custom Cabinetry (built not to squeak)
Custom Upholstery (waterproof)
Swivel Passenger Seat
Pioneer Blue Tooth stereo/handsfree speaker/BU camera
Acumen Rear View Camera Mirror (fantastic)
Alarm system
Fully Insulated Interior Walls
Indoor/Outdoor Carpeting
24 gal Fresh Water Capacity
Bosch Electric Hot Water Heater
Outdoor Shower & Pop-up Privacy Tent
Indoor Shower tray/pull up skirt
Marine Portable Toilet
Propane Stoves & Induction Cooktop
Solo Stainless Fire Pit
Engle Safari Style Fridge/Freezer
Rain Proof Roof Top Carry Bag

So I had a 2008 SMB 6.0 EB350 “50 layout” for 10 yrs. In 2019 I moved it on with plans for a 2.0, possibly Sprinter. I did not pull the trigger in time for Pandemic and watched w/ broken heart the market explode and my funds become unable to make 2.0 I wanted.

When this van came along all my problems were solved. After going down the Sprinter rabbit hole I circled back to good old reliable SMB, but the V10 was a deal breaker for me. I gotta say, this 7.3L is a tad slower off the line, but holy smokes, once this baby is up to speed it’s a freight train. Such a great platform, with all the reliability of the “Million Mile engine”.

The previous owner sank a ton of $$$ into this with Agile and Aluminess. There’s probably over $120k in the whole rig for sure. Incredible deal. This owner had built out vans since the ‘70’s and did it right. Dynamat, 2x insulation. It’s quiet and the quality of the interior build is fantastic. His son is a cabinet maker on yachts and employed ‘pocket screw’ jigs and used 13-layer marine grade plywood. It’s absolutely bomber and doesn’t squeek or rattle one iota. EXTREMELY well put together. Don’t get me started on the chipboard/glue in my ‘08 SMB. And I absolutely love the Guacho couch layout over the ‘50’ plan I had. There is tons more room for cargo and everything is way more accessible, and it’s much easier to move around in.

All the fancy stuff is only a couple of years old, in like-New condition. The SMB powered top, all the Aluminess, the exterior lighting, the Agile upfit, Fiama awning etc. The lighting is all top notch/High quality. Robust Rigid rear work lights and Porch light. The front bumper lights house the combo 4-lens spot/flood that beat the pants off any light bar. These are wired into the Hi-beams so easy on/off.

I gotta say, since my 2008 SMB, the Penthouse is more robust, better internal latches, better gasket. I had all the same Aluminess stuff and that too is much improved. The box and tire carrier both are pinned so they don’t swing around when open. The overall structures/frames have been worked out and are much stronger and adjustable for bigger tire if needed.

The water heater / electric are all very tidy and well put together. The Bosch water heater is truly instant and extremely efficient, much better than the hot plate system in my ‘08. Heater is located under sink and the exterior water connection is outside on Pass side opposite sink. So the outside shower pan w/ Privacy is designed to hook up under the awning. Well thought out. There is a 5k watt inverter, totally overkill, but hey it’s there, with new Dual AGM golf cart batteries newly wired. The safari fridge was sourced from Australia where you know they know how to overland. Extremely efficient pull out style behind driver seat.

There are also a few knick knacks like a new steel box ready to be installed under tail for through-floor storage. Larger stock Ford extendable towing side mirrors, require installation. There is no heater furnace which would have been my next install, but really the insulation in this van is tops.

Like I said, this is a gut wrenching decision to have to sell. Our kids are about to be old enough that the idea of camping w/ mom and dad is rapidly losing it’s appeal, and just sadly life is moving on in different ways than it used to be. Upcoming work will take me on the road for months at a time and I just see this gem sitting idle for far too long. It needs a better home. Currently located in NorCal just north of San Francisco.

I may be forgetting the odd thing, so LMK if i’m missing anything egregious. I have more pictures if necessary, but this rig is ready to roll into the great unknown immediately.

$84,500 Firm.
Attached Thumbnails
C91CC13A-6978-477F-8083-4A386EA4CD90.jpg   88DF1869-F07B-4C7F-8C6B-D469E1A7B274.jpg   27D2A2BB-7297-4644-992F-9E107C856D5E.jpeg   F67B526E-A4BC-4B0A-B2E3-696D3AB7C5C2.jpg   03D7E13C-001D-426F-A16F-1085ED874424.jpg  

347A3473-BBCB-43C3-8AA6-0E2B888D6A7F.jpg   E1131AA0-76C8-4856-B2FA-B7DBFF05D2A7.jpeg   A5FD567F-5CDF-4AAD-B944-C72B85F2C4A6.jpeg   25A6758B-EEB6-4CDB-A9D3-02F0496E6208.jpg  

Tookmyhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:23 AM   #2

Great looking rig, puts my 2002 7.3 to shame. I've got 235k on mine, and plan on keeping it for 20 years, so these rigs last. It should sell fast.
MaineWildlands is offline   Reply With Quote