Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #1

2003 Front Clip

I just did the 08+ front clip swap on my 2003 so I will be getting rid of the fenders, grille, hood, etc. Everything's in great shape. I will post pictures later today.

TJ

Old 09-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #2

I'm curious if it's possible to re-do the interior to the 08+ style.
Like that dash, doors, etc..

I need to get a new van and really like the 08+ look both inside and out but finding a diesel RB with the side barn doors is damn near impossible.
jbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro View Post

I need to get a new van and really like the 08+ look both inside and out but finding a diesel RB with the side barn doors is damn near impossible.
Heads up, '09 is the newer style interior. I have seen others on here swap in the newer style door covers, engine cover, etc. From what I have read, the window control switches are different. You would need to figure out how to rewire, or I have seen the older style switch cut into the newer doors.

There was a thread not long ago about the possibility of swapping in a newer style dash, but I'm not sure if it has been done.

Very tough to find an '09 or newer diesel in general and gets more challenging if you are looking for specifics (barn doors, etc.). Most of the ones I have seen look like they were ordered by SMB directly from the factory. I have seen a few on eBay recently, but they were all sliding side doors. Good luck with your hunt!
Old 09-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork-N-Road View Post
Heads up, '09 is the newer style interior. I have seen others on here swap in the newer style door covers, engine cover, etc. From what I have read, the window control switches are different. You would need to figure out how to rewire, or I have seen the older style switch cut into the newer doors.

There was a thread not long ago about the possibility of swapping in a newer style dash, but I'm not sure if it has been done.

Very tough to find an '09 or newer diesel in general and gets more challenging if you are looking for specifics (barn doors, etc.). Most of the ones I have seen look like they were ordered by SMB directly from the factory. I have seen a few on eBay recently, but they were all sliding side doors. Good luck with your hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro View Post

Forknroad I have heard doing the dash is not compatible or just crazy amount of work.

JBro, I am currently swapping the door panels and re-wiring the switches. Currently stuck on the door locks which would seem to be the easiest but they aren’t apparently. You can follow me on insta @thedirtvan and YouTube thedirtvan as well. I need to do a designated build thread on here too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSePTshSLn79BOCGYwSwPbQ?view_as=subscriber
NoR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoR32 View Post
Forknroad I have heard doing the dash is not compatible or just crazy amount of work.

JBro, I am currently swapping the door panels and re-wiring the switches. Currently stuck on the door locks which would seem to be the easiest but they aren’t apparently. You can follow me on insta @thedirtvan and YouTube thedirtvan as well. I need to do a designated build thread on here too.
Following your IG!

I’ve also been on the search for an 08+ front clip. I’ll have to part with my Aluminess bumper from my older front end though. I switched out to 09+ interior door cards, dog house but wanted manual doors/windows. I did change the mirrors to tow mirrors though.
01E350AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #6

PM sent for fender
Tom760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #7

Driver side fender sold-- everything else still available!
Old 12-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #8

Update:

$100: 2006 XLT Grille - Painted with bedliner and has three 5/8in flush mount amber LED's

$100: 1992-2007 front bumper painter with black bedliner

$400: Vantage Optics Projector headlights with high end Morimoto HID bulb kit and amber LED turn signals

PM Me for pictures.

Thank you!
TJ
Old 12-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #9

You’re in LA right? Interested in the hood if the price is right... will send PM
Old 05-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #10

Still have some of these!