Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

2003 SMB 4x4 V10

Hello guys and gals of the SMB world. With a heavy heart I have recently decided to sell my EB70.

Below is a description and link to the Craigslist ad. Please let me know if you have any questions. message me here or use the contact info below.
mattareichel@gmail.com
720-515-2762

Ford E350 Sportsmobile 4x4 Camper Van

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aviary Photo_130710941680441933.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	11811

Name:	Aviary Photo_130754923282434997.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	11812

Name:	Aviary Photo_130748958081156102.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	11813

Name:	DSC00402.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	11814

Name:	DSC00420.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	11815

This is a 2003 Ford E350 4x4 Sportsmobile EB (extended body). This rig has the workhorse Triton V10 6.8 liter engine which offers great power for cruising over mountain passes and the low end torque for off-roading. The 4x4 conversion was installed by Agile Off Road out of California at 86,000 miles. This system uses the F-series HD independent suspension. The independent suspension offers a better ride both on and off highway than a solid axel conversion. The ground clearance and articulation of the system is bar none. Current mileage is 108,xxx

I have recently had a 3rd party appraiser assess the vehicle. This will help with financing options. I have spoken with JJ Best Collector Car Financing and they are willing to finance this vehicle with said appraisal.

The interior has been converted by Sportsmobile with a voyager high top and the EB70 floor plan. This floor plan is the walk through style which offers more room in the van. My favorite thing about this floor plan is when not using the van to camp, you can carry a full sheet of plywood no problem. The high top is great with the extra storage it provides. It also allows you to stand up in the rear at any time without having to pop up the roof.

There is sleeping for 3 and seating for 5(with seatbelts). The conversion comes with a 2 burner propane stove, freshwater sink w/12 gallon tank and a 3.5 cubic foot fridge/freezer (electric). There are two deep cycle house batteries that are topped off with a 200w solar system and digital controller. Even with snow on the panels or rainy days, the solar keeps the batteries full. The batteries are also charge of the engine when driving.

This vehicle was used for my business as a rental unit in the 2015 season and a few weeks in 2016. The fact that I would send this van out with customers to explore the Rockies and beyond the maintenance had to be above and beyond. This van was never repaired, it was maintained. A breakdown with a customer would potentially ruin a trip and also be a costly recovery and repair for me. It was simply not an option. During its time as a rental it never left me or a customer stranded. If any mechanical component was showing wear or a possibility of failure it was replaced. The majority of maintenance was performed by a Ford dealership or by Peak to Peak truck repair in Silverthorne, CO. Peak to Peak had contracts with many of the local mining companies to have their 4x4 work vans serviced. After a rental the van was deep cleaned. Typically I would spend around 4 hours cleaning the van after each outing.

The reason I am selling this awesome rig is to fund additional projects for the company. Over the next year I will begin producing off road teardrop campers and 4x4 camper van conversions. I also hope to have van rentals available again by the spring of 2017.

This style van and engine is no longer produced. It has made the sale of this vehicle even harder. The V10 engine is a coveted motor that can easily reach 3000,000 plus miles and has a much better track record the 6.0 diesel option. When they stopped producing the E series and the V10, Sportsmobile purchased any remaining units form Ford for conversions.

Below is specs of the van and some of the major maintenance and upgrades. I'm sure I missed somethings so let me know if you have any questions. The decals will be removed upon sale. The van will need new tires and has been priced accordingly. I have all receipts for maintenance and upgrades.

Interior -
Seating for 5
Sleeping for 3
Driver and passenger seats swivel to face the rear
2 burner propane stove
3.5 cuft electric Fridge/Freezer
Sink with 12 gallons of freshwater
Propane ducted forced air heater
12v and 110 power w/shore power
Tons of storage

Exterior -
Aluminess bumpers front and rear installed at 86,000 miles
Large Aluminess storage box w/Yakima rack
Aluminess Full size spare tire carrier
2" receiver hitch front and rear
ARB 8 foot side awning
Fox 2.0 custom tuned suspension and steering dampener
200w solar panel with digital charge controller
2 deep cycle house batteries
onboard propane
285/75/R16 BGF Goodrich A/T and full size spare

Maintenance-
Fox suspension just rebuilt by Agile Off Road with an upgraded tune.
New fuel filter
New air filter
Oil Change at 105,000 (Motorcraft)
Tires Rotated/Balanced
Rear Rotors and Pads replaced with upgraded Ford HD parts

4/25/2015 -- oil change
5/6/2015 -- Alignment
6/1/2015 -- oil change
6/29/2015- New Battery Isolater (Blue Sea) new wiring, and new battery
8/15/2015 -- oil change
9/2/2015 -- New Starter, New Alternator, Balance/Rotate, Alignment, air filter

Upgrades-
The van was converted to 4x4 by Agile Off Road in 2015 at 86,000 miles and Aluminess bumpers installed at the same time. Cost of the conversion and bumpers $16,785.08 not including wheels and tires. (have receipts).

In the spring of 2015 Boulder Off Road Vans installed a 20,000 BTU gas furnace, an larger Aluminess storage box, and a 8' ARB side awning. The cost of these upgrades was $4,285.00 (have receipts).

In the spring of 2016 Agile Off Road rebuilt and upgraded the Fox 2.0 suspension system. The upgrade helped with handling both on and off road.

WildRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #2

I can vouch for this one, I sold it to Matt about 20k ago, and it was the cleanest used SMB I'd ever seen. Really nice clean van, owned by an old retired couple before I bought it and had it converted to 4x4.

Matt, good luck in your new projects!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #3

Why did the Agile suspension need to be rebuilt a year after it was installed?
Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
I can vouch for this one, I sold it to Matt about 20k ago, and it was the cleanest used SMB I'd ever seen. Really nice clean van, owned by an old retired couple before I bought it and had it converted to 4x4.

Matt, good luck in your new projects!
Thanks! She has served me well and hate to see it go. Hope your adventures are going well!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtanddogfur View Post
The guys at Agile tracked me down this winter to upgrade the suspension tune. Agile had an upgraded tune they wanted to put on the Fox 2.0s. The new tune helped to tighten up the handling. There was never anything wrong, just upgraded.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtanddogfur View Post
The way I read the ad, it sounds like they rebuilt/revalved the shocks. Maybe to better suit the owner.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
The way I read the ad, it sounds like they rebuilt/revalved the shocks. Maybe to better suit the owner.
Yeup they were revalved. The guys at Agile Off Road are great and are always available to answer questions. They offered the rebuild with no complaints from me just wanted to make sure I was a happy customer!
Old 06-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #8

I've also seen this van in person and it was like brand new.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRig View Post
Yeup they were revalved. The guys at Agile Off Road are great and are always available to answer questions. They offered the rebuild with no complaints from me just wanted to make sure I was a happy customer!
Cool. I was just curious. Probably heading down that road eventually myself.

thanks.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #10

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
We changed our shock valving package for high center of gravity vans (fixed top) and this one went out with the standard valving.

I reached out to him and offered to rebuild the shocks if he was willing to pull them and send them in.

Should be a great handling van. It was a very clean and nice van when we had it in the shop for the conversation.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, for sale, sportsmobile, v10