Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2021, 02:55 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
bigriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Columbia River Gorge
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
I'm feeling like I need to work hard to market HellBetty and it is a "decent van" for sale. After all Ive been a contributing forum member since 2015 and not one comment on my van sale post last week. OK i have asked a ton of questions and havenot actually contributed much LOL but just sayin'


Yeah that can be kinda discouraging. I'm thinking it's this one right?

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/...360916805.html

I was hesitant to comment on your "For Sale" post (not to poison the well) but I think you're price is high. It would be a great platform for a full buildout for sure but the way I look at it is it's a $12k-14k van with $20k +/- (new value) in 4x4, bumpers etc. Others may disagree but I'm thinking you'd start getting some play at $34k.

Just my opinion since you asked . Good luck with sale Annie!
__________________

__________________
Joe
2003 EB50 7.3L PSD Q4X4
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 9,374
Whoa, I completely missed your ad Annie! I don't guess I've ever seen your van. I see you have some nice bits and accessories but I kind of agree with Joe above, that's a pretty steep price for no pop top or buildout. I do not mean to imply that it isn't a REALLY nice van! It is. Perhaps some of the other regulars here can chime in but I see upper 30's in your van.

I would recommend posting on Expedition Portal and Facebook Marketplace as well. Maybe even Ebay to get some more eyes on it.

Good luck!
__________________

__________________
-Eric

2010 Chevy AWD home build
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Annie O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: OH
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Whoa, I completely missed your ad Annie! I don't guess I've ever seen your van. I see you have some nice bits and accessories but I kind of agree with Joe above, that's a pretty steep price for no pop top or buildout. I do not mean to imply that it isn't a REALLY nice van! It is. Perhaps some of the other regulars here can chime in but I see upper 30's in your van.
I would recommend posting on Expedition Portal and Facebook Marketplace as well. Maybe even Ebay to get some more eyes on it.
Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Yeah that can be kinda discouraging. I'm thinking it's this one right?

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/...360916805.html
I was hesitant to comment on your "For Sale" post (not to poison the well) but I think you're price is high. It would be a great platform for a full buildout for sure but the way I look at it is it's a $12k-14k van with $20k +/- (new value) in 4x4, bumpers etc. Others may disagree but I'm thinking you'd start getting some play at $34k.

Just my opinion since you asked . Good luck with sale Annie!
JOE- yep thats the one!

FIRST let me say I don't feel bad one bit about threadjacking what was just this plain bad red flag C-list ad (and hey its been deleted)

Second- Thanks tons!! That is exactly the input I need! Last night I thought that perhaps I should have followed the unspoken SBMF protocal of a pre-sale post asking for pricing input first.

Originally my line of thinking matched Joe's (bigriver?) but it was tough to pin since I was not seeing any similar vans on market. My Reunal bumper/ new fs spare + tire carrier, which is quite BA and solid was a valid investment to pass along so I'm going above 35...

I think of HellBetty as the Little Black Dress of 4x4 vans because she's basic as can be and so adaptable- you can dress her up or down (hah- build out or reinstall seats).

One further question- on FB Marketploace, do shoppers see your FB info (ie. location)?
Now where are all the girlie emojis' to conclude with BRB NOPE not one Girl-emoji so these will do!
__________________
2011 V10 E350 XLT SD Quigley/AOR (RIP'd)
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
simplesez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 846
You will not be able to price it right on garbage Facebook marketplace. It uses some blue book nonsense to force your listing price. Non Facebook users can't even see your ad which is stupid. Just avoid that whole platform.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Annie O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: OH
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
You will not be able to price it right on garbage Facebook marketplace. It uses some blue book nonsense to force your listing price. Non Facebook users can't even see your ad which is stupid. Just avoid that whole platform.
Exactly the kind of stuff Ive been wondering. Dont hold back tell us how you really feel!
__________________
2011 V10 E350 XLT SD Quigley/AOR (RIP'd)
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #16
JWA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Posts: 3,392
Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
[QUOTE=Annie O;300245]JOE- yep thats the one!

FIRST let me say I don't feel bad one bit about threadjacking what was just this plain bad red flag C-list ad (and hey its been deleted)

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do accomplishing things when in the company of men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Now where are all the girlie emojis' to conclude with BRB NOPE not one Girl-emoji so these will do!
I 'spect we could use come girl emoji's here---no objections from me at all!

BTW I love your description of HellBetty as being the LBD---tres cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Exactly the kind of stuff Ive been wondering. Dont hold back tell us how you really feel!
As you already know AnnieO I refrain from "text messaging" so its no shock "faceplace" is also on my nope, never do lists.

Good luck with getting some foot traffic or eyes on HellBetty! BTW did anyone ever ask why is she up for sale?
__________________

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×