Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2022, 08:41 AM   #1

2006 Sportsmobile E350 6.0 power stroke 4x4

Hey, randomly fell into a Sportsmobile converted diesel 4x4 van. Just curious if you guys think it's fairly price or if I should adjust. Also if anyone here is interested, feel free to hit me up. I'm in Los Angeles.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...435376037.html

Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #2

Garage
I see upgraded Tires/wheels and Aluminess bumpers (with rear bumper swingarms missing), but nothing else that suggests "Sportsmobile"; No pop-top or any type of interior build...by chance was the 4x4 installed by them?
Old 01-21-2022, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I see upgraded Tires/wheels and Aluminess bumpers (with rear bumper swingarms missing), but nothing else that suggests "Sportsmobile"; No pop-top or any type of interior build...by chance was the 4x4 installed by them?
Yeah the 4x4. There’s a sportsmobile decal on the fender and a vin sticker on the door jam from sportsmobile. Someone stole the swing arm for the spare tire.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #4

Gonna be a tough sell at that price with a hole in the roof and no documentation on any engine work. The 6.0 diesel can be made reliable, but it costs $10-15k to do it and people are going to want to see receipts for that work being done. Without that, I see this as a $17k van, especially given the leak.

But, hey, if someone really wants it at your price, then that's good for you. It's definitely a good looking van.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Gonna be a tough sell at that price with a hole in the roof and no documentation on any engine work. The 6.0 diesel can be made reliable, but it costs $10-15k to do it and people are going to want to see receipts for that work being done. Without that, I see this as a $17k van, especially given the leak.

But, hey, if someone really wants it at your price, then that's good for you. It's definitely a good looking van.
That’s why I’m here. I was going based off what other sportsmobile vans were listed at. Definitely can drop the price. Not trying to overcharge just didn’t know what it should be.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:40 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Yeah the 4x4. There’s a sportsmobile decal on the fender and a vin sticker on the door jam from sportsmobile. Someone stole the swing arm for the spare tire.
Does it have an Atlas transfer case? (twin sticks for the 4x4, or is it a single stick?)
Old 01-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #7

The upside to your van is the twin-stick 4x4 system which is expensive and excellent. So if someone is looking for an off-road van, it's for sure desirable.

If I were in the market, I would be budgeting $12k for bulletproofing the motor and probably another $3k to fix the leak. So I would need to buy it at a price that would allow me to put $15k into it and not be completely underwater.

A lot of people have success with the 6.0 without changing anything. If I were you, I would look into getting the leak fixed. That will help the price a lot. Also, do you still have the parts for the rear bumper with the spare tire and maybe a storage box? The front and rear bumpers alone are worth $5k even if you took them off and sold them.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:15 PM   #8

Twin stick 4x4. I only have what is in the pictures. The swing arm was stolen

I’d like to just sell it quickly, so don’t mind dropping to a fair price. I understand the bullet proofing and rust repair will add up so I don’t mind the price reflecting that. I just fell into the van blindly
Old 01-21-2022, 12:41 PM   #9

Nice, as long as you are open to a fair price, it should sell quickly. I would list it on facebook and here. Try to take some pics of the rusty spot because people are going to ask you about it. Take a pic of the twin shifters too. And maybe a pic of underneath so people can see there's no rust.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Nice, as long as you are open to a fair price, it should sell quickly. I would list it on facebook and here. Try to take some pics of the rusty spot because people are going to ask you about it. Take a pic of the twin shifters too. And maybe a pic of underneath so people can see there's no rust.
So what range is a fair price for this thing?