Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2023, 08:39 PM   #1

2008 EB 6.0 worth?

Hi all, unfortunately the time has come to part ways with our 2008 EB 6.0L with 77487 miles on it. We outgrew it before I could finish the build and it was relegated to roadtrips needing more than 5 passengers. Having trouble trying to figure out what to ask as it's mostly passenger van with the penthouse and sienna recliners. I've done a quick search online for comparables and pricing is all over the place for the 5.4 gasser. Haven't found any diesel variants that don't have either the 4x4 or interior conversions. Just got a fresh pair of batteries put in and runs without issues. Body wise no rust, could use a new bumper and has a few dings here and there. I can take any an all photos on request. Any price suggestions or advice is welcomed. Located in OC
Attached Thumbnails
20230126_175425.jpg   20230126_160556.jpg   20230126_160143.jpg   20230126_160741.jpg   20230126_160114.jpg  

20230126_160029.jpg  

SMBnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:37 AM   #2

Cool van, I agree that I would probably look for some outside help in setting a starting price.

I would recommend you make a list of any improvements to the motor AKA "Bulletproofing". I see folks just make a very detailed list somewhere, like here, that can be linked. That way when someone asks the question "is it Bulletproofed" you can save yourself a bunch of typing and just send them the link. So, So many keyboard worriers when they see an add with a 6.0 Powerstroke will get happy feet because they can ask the question "is it Bulletproofed" and they have no intention of buying. Some don't even know what it means but love to ask it as a "gotcha" kind of thing. Hope this might save you some time and good luck with the sale.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #3

2008 EB 6.0 worth?

Since it sounds like you haven’t done a lot of customizing to it yet, I’d just look at Blue Book for the base van and then add the cost of the top to get a starting point. Someone might be willing to pay a “convenience surcharge” to have the top already installed or they may not, as they could just source a base van and then add the top after and have it be brand new.

One hint is to look for a used set of OEM alloy wheels or nice aftermarket ones. You’d be amazed how much better they make the van look and would likely attract more buyers.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote