Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2021, 03:17 PM   #11

Garage
Price drop and bump.

First $45,500 takes it.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...406255441.html

tylers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowby View Post
That mileage is crazy low!
Serious question--is such low mileage on a van of this age actually a good thing? Clearly the van has pretty much been parked in garage or wherever 95% of the time...is non-use for long periods of time good for combustion engines, belts, hoses, tires, coolants, engine liquids, etc?

What's the likelihood that the owner properly changed fluids based upon time & age versus mileage as most people likely due?

I know NOTHING, I'm sincere in my questions. IDEALLY, would you prefer a 2008 van with 7K miles, or a 2008 van with 35,000 miles?

Are there any long-term Sportsmobile forum members here who live in the Orange County area who have both KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE who would be willing (FOR $$) to do a "Pre-Purchase Inspection" of the van for me if I decide I'm serious about buying it?

Anyone knowledgeable / experienced forum members who have thoughts / opinions on this van who would like to share them with me, please comment or feel free to direct message me.

I realize this is not a 4x4, that actually might even be a plus in my book as I think 90% for MY use would be highway miles and hard packed maintained gravel roads.

I REALLY wish this van didn't have an indoor shower & so much built-in storage. It does appear to be really tight inside.
Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:18 PM   #13

Lots of questions - providing more info on details of storage and maybe some photos of bushings, undercarriage evidence of any leaks, etc., might be helpful to anyone wishing to evaluate based on photos, etc. I'm sure there is someone who might inspect on site and evaluate.

I bought a 2002 SMB V-10 recently with less than 4,000 miles on it. It was stored in environmentally controlled garage (AC/heat, etc). Bushings are good - all fluids changed out in 2017 -- it's got 14,000 miles on it now and no issues evident regarding bushings, etc.

I have marine toilet but don't really need/appreciate it - but to pull it out, etc. - too much of a pain in the arse. I'd rather have the low mileage - and deal with the other things if it were me.
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #14

bumping for OP to give more details, post more photos as suggested above.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:09 PM   #15

Garage
Thank you Doug and Double for chiming in.

The van has been stored in the same fashion - in a climate controlled garage. The bushings are all great, there are no leaks whatsoever, the tires are newer and roll smooth. It really feels and drives like a brand new van still. Ball joints and steering is all as tight as it was when it left the factory.

The fluids have been changed and what's in the van now is clean and clear.
If someone were interested in coming to assess the van for you, I would be happy to facilitate that.

As far as pictures go, it's a little bit difficult to capture the interior of the van. I would be happy to take more, but am not sure I can do much better than what I've got here. It is a little tight inside but ideal for somebody my height of 6'2" or shorter.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:46 PM   #16

Garage
Bump

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...437252782.html
Old 02-09-2022, 06:20 PM   #17

Garage
Price drop and bump

$41500
Old 02-10-2022, 05:25 PM   #18

Presumably at least a few people have contacted you and physically come out and inspected the van...would you be willing to comment on why you think no one has bought it yet?

You've written that the van is in excellent condition, no issues with tires, bushings, ball joints, etc., and I'm sincerely not doubting you, but clearly there must be a reason (or reasons plural) why the van hasn't sold.

Have any potential buyers actually taken the van to a mechanic or dealership or whatever and had a "pre purchase inspection" done on the van?

I'm wondering if a major reason why the van hasn't sold is due to the layout? Do most people prefer a layout with the couch/bed located across the back of the van versus horizontally along the side?

I'd be interested to hear from other forum members their thoughts on the van, maybe potential issues to be concerned about, etc..
Old 02-10-2022, 07:59 PM   #19

^^Generally on this forum it’s not considered good form to publicly comment on a member’s for sale ad, pricing, etc., unless the original poster explicitly asks for input. Thoughts via DM are fine, of course.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
^^Generally on this forum it’s not considered good form to publicly comment on a member’s for sale ad, pricing, etc., unless the original poster explicitly asks for input. Thoughts via DM are fine, of course.
Sorry, my intention was not to disparage the OP in anyway...the van actually looks great, practically a unicorn due to such low mileage.

I'm in the market for a van and have actually spoken to the OP...I only wrote what I did to see what others thought, get their perspective, etc.

If there's a way I can delete my post let me know and I will, or perhaps MODS can.