2008 Sportsmobile E-150 Regular Body with E-350 Suspension rear springs.
5.4L GASOLINE engine
Currently smogged for California. Van is located San Clemente, CA.
Email or text
About the van/seller.
I’m a journalist by trade and a longtimer on the SMB forum. I run a side business working with buyers to find the right van. Through the years, that’s included the buildout of two diesel Sportsmobiles and a 4wd VW Syncro camper for Jimmy Buffett. One of my clients bought this van recently in San Diego with the intention of a significant upfit. After going back and forth over it and looking at a long upfit timeframe, he simply decided he needs a bigger van for his family -- sooner. So we decided to sell this rig. We’re not looking to gouge anyone on this sale, but just to get back what we’ve put in it to this point. We vetted it thoroughly before purchase.
This is a beautiful, rust-free California van with a unique layout. It seats 7 with shoulder belts. The rear seat can be removed to give center aisle access to the galley or to create a sleeping area. It has rear air conditioning, a neat Sportsmobile rear galley and everything works VERY WELL except the TV system - which is getting dated anyway.
The van is being kept at Girard awnings in San Clemente. I'll handle communications on the sale (I'm on the east coast). The showings will be handled by Girard manager Bill Park who oversaw caretaking of Jimmy Buffett’s California Sportsmobile for years. I'm happy to provide personal references, including the Colorado buyer of Jimmy's last van. I think at least a couple of longtimers on this forum might vouch for me as well. - Thanks for taking a look!
- Power Penthouse Roof
- All around Aluminess roof rack system
- Side ladder
- City water hookup
- Shore power hookup and power converter.
- Solar (140 watts with solar controller) - installed in 2019
- 400 watt standard power Inverter
- Norcold refrigerator.
- Auxiliary electric system powered by two 4d deep cycle batteries.
- Snaps across front window area for Sportsmobile front curtain - but no curtain.
- Rear passenger side storage cabinets.
- Sportsmobile rear galley with: Sink and 10 gallon freshwater tank. Spray nozzle on galley sink can be extended to function as an outdoor shower.
- Storage bin under rear floor accessible from inside.
- $15,000 AV system (installed in 2008). Includes Bluetooth Kenwood DNX 8120
- Satellite video system -- not functional.
- Hella Tire Pressure Management system. Just installed.
- All around new shock absorbers (April 2019)
- New tires. (April 2019)
- New brakes (April 2019)
- Keyless entry/alarm just installed by us in March, 2021 ($800 add).
- Backup camera just installed by us in March, 2021.
- Recently Checked out by Capistrano Ford (March). All that needed replacing was the dipstick.
Drivetrain, outside underside:
- Gross Vehicle Weight: 8,520
- 5.4L V8 255HP, 350lb/ft Torque
- Tires - Firestone Transforce AT, LT285/70R17 Mud and snow rated.
- 31 Gallon Gas tank.
- 17 Inch Robbie Gordon Wheels
- Ford E-150 Van, but with E-350 rear springs.
- Trojan Rear tire carrier.
- Bushwacker Fender Flares
- Aluminess rear bumper and swing out storage box.
- Dark tinted windows all the way around.
- Rear cabinet needs some TLC.
- Satellite TV system is not functional
- Folder w/original instructions for components.
- Lots of invoices and receipts.
- Original SMB order form and window sticker.
Some photos below. *Many more photos of the van are at my SMB photo album at this link:*
*Many more photos of the van are at my SMB photo album here:*