Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #1

2008 sportsmobile eb high top SEMA build! 53k miles

I am posting this for a friend, I am willing to assist him in selling this magnificent beast! This rig was in 4wheeler magazine when it was built. It was showcased at the SEMA show see pic! The WAVE *NOTE handicap fitment & lift has been removed. It has many serious upgrades, way too many to list but its full write up can be seen in the 4 wheeler magazine, I will post a link when I find it. Its coming out of storage and has to be detailed but he has decided to sell and asked me to help. I only wish I could afford it for myself. Only 50k on the van and 5k on the new 6.0 It has a clean CA title but the engine took in water and had to be replaced, to be totally transparent Carfax shows insurance company totaled it in AZ due to a deep water crossing/flood. When it was purchased from insurance company several years ago the engine was replaced, rarely driven now with only 5k miles. It has the atlas transfer case, dynatrac axle, solar, marine inverter, diesel heater, aux a/c, aluminess everything, arb, you name it its got it. just needs a detail at this point and some minor cosmetic touch-ups. If anyone is interested its located in Morgan hill, CA private message me for a viewing and we can exchange #'s, The pic's I took today are its current state just a bit dirty from sitting. Asking only $74,900
http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-v...r-expeditions/
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180325_171443.jpg   IMG_20180325_170623.jpg   IMG_20180325_171355.jpg  

VanDude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #2

The W.A.V.E. Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions - Four Wheeler Magazine
Old 03-26-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
Site Team

The original owner was a member here, DisabledExplorers.

Sportsmobile Forum - View Profile: DisabledExplorers

Herb
Old 03-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #4

I'm sure he is, it's a great rig and has a great history. I didn't know much about it. I googled it and found alot of info. I'd like to know more about it and hopefully help find it a good home where it can be used for something special again. If anyone knows the details about the water crossing it would be helpful too. It was purchased from an insurance auction so I have limited info from the current owner.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #5

Nice van. I love the fact that they parked the portable toilet seat device right out front at SEMA. Good luck.......
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #6

price drop

The owner wants this thing to sell.. obviously no one has stepped up yet. I can say make an offer! he is in a selling mood. I am going to post on e-bay next week with a 65k reserve...
Old 03-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #7

If it was totaled by insurance in AZ, how does it have a clean CA title? Just curious how that works.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #8

Not sure I will ask the owner. I don't know that it was totaled.. it wasn't wrecked its engine sucked in water is what I was told.. check car fax perhaps.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:46 PM   #9

Spoke to owner, he said when he got the van from co-part it came with an Arizona title. He registered it in California and the title that was mailed to him was not marked salvaged. He does not know why perhaps just good fortune that it came back clean title. He in no way would try and hide the fact it had an incident that caused it to be a total loss due to the incident described as a deep water crossing causing the engine to suck in water. He also mentioned he still has the wheel chair lift and power seat if the buyer is interested in re-fitting for a disabled driver or passenger.