Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #1

2012 Ford E350 EB 4x4 V10

For sale is my 2012 Ford E350 EB 4x4 V10 located in Midland, Texas.

Asking $58,000

Approximately 47,000 miles on the van, but I continue to drive it.

This van was bought new in from Maplecrest Ford in New Jersey in April of 2012. It was converted to 4wd by Quigley before it was sold new. The van was then shipped to Sportsmobile Texas where it had Aluminess bumpers, an air compressor, and light interior modifications done.

I purchased the van from its original owner in March of 2014. In 2017 I sent the van to MG Metalworks/Expovans where the following work was done:

Exterior:
MGMetalworks Coil Kit install completed (Front axle is from a 2013 F250, all wear items including ring and pinion gears replaced)
Aluminess bumpers powder coated white
Rear bumper swingouts modified to carry 35" tire (left) and ladder for roof access (right)
Rigid lights installed in front and rear bumpers
Aluminess nerf bars powder coated white and installed
Custom aluminum roof rack with 1upUSA bike racks
55 gallon aft-axle fuel tank installed
Custom fuel door and filler for aft fuel tank installed (looks OEM)
30 gallon water tank with 12 volt pump installed in location of OEM gas tank
Onboard air compressor relocated on frame rail with quick connect on rear bumper
2 12V house batteries installed on frame rail and all electrical to charge externally or from engine alternator
18" Method Wheels with 35" Toyo R/T tires

Interior:
MG Metalworks custom flooring with integrated L-track
Scheel-mann front seats with swiveling passenger seat
Sienna reclining seats in rear
Aftermarket sound system with GPS and back-up camera on head unit
Custom headliner with dimmable LED lights
Eberspacher (Espar) B4 Heater
Xantrex charging system
110 Volt power inverter
2 flip down TVs
Full thermal and sound insulation with Dynamat and Thinsulate

Issues with van:
Intermittent P0455 code (does not affect performance)
Small scratch and dent where I backed into an overhead door that wasn't opened all the way (pictured below)

You can reach me at wesr (at) hannathon .com

Edit: All of the picture links are not loading. Here is a link to the album: https://imgur.com/a/N2eYyuE

Old 07-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #2

Price drop to $54,000
Old 09-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #3

Now asking $50,000
Old 09-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #4

Have you tried replacing you gas cap? Could also be the return Evap lines cracked loose or disconnected. I had a Jeep that the hose was so deteriorated that it would fail smog. I replaced it all good now!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Have you tried replacing you gas cap? Could also be the return Evap lines cracked loose or disconnected. I had a Jeep that the hose was so deteriorated that it would fail smog. I replaced it all good now!
Thank you for the suggestion.

I just replaced the gas cap and will take the van on a road trip this weekend. I also have a new vapor canister and purge valve in case the gas cap doesn't solve the issue.

MGMetalworks upgraded the van from the cut down Quigley tank to an OEM aft-axle 55 gallon tank last year. I think the fuel tank vacuum code may be related to the new tank size. When I ordered the new vapor canister, there was a different part number for the aft-axle fuel tank versus the mid-ship tank which makes me think it's important to have the correct vapor canister for the tank. I'll check all the vacuum lines if/when I replace the vapor canister, but they were new a little over a year ago.

Edit: Something else I should add; the check engine light and related code only occurs when the fuel volume descends below 1/4 tank on the fuel gauge.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #6

Good info thanks for sharing that! In my understanding of the "evap" system I would not think that tank size only vacuum or lack of it would be traceable but there you go!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #7

The larger evap canister for the bigger tank is simply larger, for compliance. It won't help the check-engine light. If somebody bought this to take to California, they'd need to swap canisters, or add a 2nd one in series.

As for the check engine light, the larger tank causes it to take more time than anticipate to bring the tank under vacuum, so it assumes there's a leak. Easiest fix: mount a ScanGauge to the dash, and clear it as needed.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
The larger evap canister for the bigger tank is simply larger, for compliance. It won't help the check-engine light. If somebody bought this to take to California, they'd need to swap canisters, or add a 2nd one in series.

As for the check engine light, the larger tank causes it to take more time than anticipate to bring the tank under vacuum, so it assumes there's a leak. Easiest fix: mount a ScanGauge to the dash, and clear it as needed.
I'd think you're right, and you might be partially right, but three other V10 vans have the same set up that we've done and not exhibited this error. That leads me to believe that one of the hose fittings has a bad connection. The canister had been relocated to the back of the van when Quigley originally did the conversion. I had to run a new vent line to it but some of the other fittings or the original sensor could have a bad connection.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #9

Update:

Van now has 51,000 miles and counting.

I've replaced the fuel cap, vapor canister purge valve, vapor canister vent valve, and vapor canister. I now have a P0451 code instead of the P0455 code. I also now have P0171 and P0174 codes which appear to be a vacuum leak.

Price drop to $45,000 OBO. I'll continue to work on solving the codes. If the van sales before issues are corrected. I will work something out with the buyer to pay to solve issues.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #10

Garage
This should sell at that price! Buyer could put a Pop-top (or hightop) on for $10k, add $5k for solar & incidentals and your in a "low mileage" 2012 V10 4x4 for $60k... Seams very reasonable to me.