Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmobile View Post
Questions about the electrical system:
Does the aux system charge from the alternator when driving?
Also, is there shore power capability on your setup?
Yes the alternator charges when driving, there is a manual disconnect switch on the panel below the stove. There is no shore power capabilities, strictly off grid.

dirtyhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #32

Another couple for you:
Is there a grey water tank? Where is it located (ie. where does it drain?)
What was your approach to insulation? Walls, floors, etc?
Lastly, what is the material behind the kitchen counter and across the way behind the couch? How is it affixed - to the wall? Or??

Great looking van! Thanks.
mgmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #33

1.There is no grey water tank. We use a bucket, it drains behind the rear tire. There is plenty of room of above the rear skid if you needed to add one.
2.Second Skin sound deadening tiles on all panels for sound deadening, then a layer of reflectex. Als power liner also on floor.
3.The wall panels are 1/8" ply that have been white washed and coated with poly. They are fixed to the van with rivnuts and stainless bolts.
Thanks! It is a fun rig.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #34

Like others posting here, I think you have a great looking and setup van. I have two questions.

Like you I have a late model van (2012) with the V8 5.4 engine. According to your VIN, yours also has the Ford AdvanceTrac with RSC system and probably has/had the semi-float rear axle. Can you tell me which model ARB Air Locker you have installed in the rear and if you have the original axle installed?

Also, excluding the rack system on top what is the max roof height on your rig? If too hard to measure, a number for the height to the top of the rain gutter will give me a good idea of the total height.

Thanks and good luck with sale.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
Like others posting here, I think you have a great looking and setup van. I have two questions.

Like you I have a late model van (2012) with the V8 5.4 engine. According to your VIN, yours also has the Ford AdvanceTrac with RSC system and probably has/had the semi-float rear axle. Can you tell me which model ARB Air Locker you have installed in the rear and if you have the original axle installed?

Also, excluding the rack system on top what is the max roof height on your rig? If too hard to measure, a number for the height to the top of the rain gutter will give me a good idea of the total height.

Thanks and good luck with sale.
Thanks!

Yes , the rear axle is factory, arb air locker rd168.
Height is about 7'8" to the top of roof, 7'2" to rain gutter.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #36

+++SOLD+++. Thanks.