Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #1

Garage
2014 e-350 5.4 agile off-road 4x4

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/...593019523.html

rizzabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #2

if this gets anywhere near that, i may just have a van for sale
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
if this gets anywhere near that, i may just have a van for sale

Well let's see:
2014 Passenger w/o interior $13k ??
Agile 4x4 near new $14k slightly depreciated
Aluminess Package w box $7k
Wheels and Tires (5) $2k
ARB Lockers and on board air $3k
Awning $1k
SMB Electric $12.5K(??)
Flooring (loin coin) w insulation - $500

I get $53k added up. I would guess he/she probably is close to the stated $62k into it.

Value to someone looking is it is done to this level (no running around), is virtually new conversion components, and is clean slate for interior of choiice, etc. BUT that will be another $20k++++ if including batteries, solar, plumbing, heater, sound system, sound deadening, cabinetry, etc. Upside is it is all brand new. Replacement for a nearly new comparable rig at SMB would be over $100k??. Questions: Full floater? Larger gas tank?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:34 AM   #4

Yeah. Valid cost break down, i guess i see it more around the 53k you added up. Not sure the top is that expensive, but I guess im more curious the market for an unfinished van, that has really good "bones". At one point, i was looking for exactly this, but with a diesel and non-new components so the price was closer to $35k.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #5

I think it'a pretty easy that he's that deep on it. If you buy the aluminess stuff and pay for installation, you are going to be closer to 8-10k just for that. If you bought the van and just went from place to place having everything installed, you are paying labor and sales tax on everything.

The question is: how much of a discount is he willing to take now that everything is "used"?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #6

Electric top at SMB was $12.5k unpainted a few years ago. Can't remember if that includes tax or not...
Old 05-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #7

Garage
Dang.
62 large for a empty cargo van with a floppy top and 4 driven wheels. Ouch.

AND YET.......we all know this:

The supply of new-ish/clean/built 4x4 Sportsmobile Econoline vans is darn limited, demand is high, and the time/effort required to put one of these together is by NO means something to shrug off. Coordinating/planning for all the parts. Arranging an appointment to get a penthouse top (or anything else) done in Fresno. Ditto for lining up a slot for a 4x4 system with Agile in El Cajon. Chasing bugs and other hiccups when things are finally built.

Lots of waiting for shops to be able to finish things....because they are waiting for OTHER shops to finish things first......and THOSE shops are waiting for parts to be available......

If you're impatient, adding more cash is the quickest way to get what you want......and hence vans get these crazy asking (selling?) prices......

Still.....I agree......$62k for an empty van is a tough pill.

side note:
FWIW --- I believe Agile is a good bit more than $14k.
Just got a quote from Agile a few weeks ago for a TTB 4x4 conversion (just to satisfy curiosity) and the full itemized quote (without re-gearing the rear axle or installing any lockers) came in at around $18k or $19k.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #8

Re: Agile prices - agree, I was depreciating it for value reasons. Out of pocket new, I would concur your Agile price $16-$20k is right. That also fills most of the difference of $53k to $62k.

About the effort to assemble/create one of these rigs - 100% agree. Add driving/transportion/travel costs, too!!
Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Re: Agile prices - agree, I was depreciating it for value reasons. Out of pocket new, I would concur your Agile price $16-$20k is right. That also fills most of the difference of $53k to $62k.

About the effort to assemble/create one of these rigs - 100% agree. Add driving/transportion/travel costs, too!!

Having gone through sourcing all the components and patiently waiting for my fabricator to execute the build out, I can appreciate the value of these vans with first hand experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Dang.

62 large for a empty cargo van with a floppy top and 4 driven wheels. Ouch.

AND YET.......we all know this:

The supply of new-ish/clean/built 4x4 Sportsmobile Econoline vans is darn limited, demand is high, and the time/effort required to put one of these together is by NO means something to shrug off. Coordinating/planning for all the parts. Arranging an appointment to get a penthouse top (or anything else) done in Fresno. Ditto for lining up a slot for a 4x4 system with Agile in El Cajon. Chasing bugs and other hiccups when things are finally built.

Lots of waiting for shops to be able to finish things....because they are waiting for OTHER shops to finish things first......and THOSE shops are waiting for parts to be available......

If you're impatient, adding more cash is the quickest way to get what you want......and hence vans get these crazy asking (selling?) prices......

Still.....I agree......$62k for an empty van is a tough pill.

side note:

FWIW --- I believe Agile is a good bit more than $14k.

Just got a quote from Agile a few weeks ago for a TTB 4x4 conversion (just to satisfy curiosity) and the full itemized quote (without re-gearing the rear axle or installing any lockers) came in at around $18k or $19k.

You are on point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote