Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2020, 12:23 PM   #1

2015 Ford Transit MR LWB 3.7l For sale $59K

Hey all! I wanted to post up a van we have for sale. You may (or may not) know about our company ROAMERICA. We have been renting Camperized vans here in Portland OR for about 5 years now. Originally we started exclusively with renting SMB's but over the last 2 years we have brought production in house so we can keep up with demand and build vans specifically for our audience. Our focus is to build Ford Transits in the MR LWB configurations, and will soon have a 4x4 E-series available as well. The response we have received from renters has been incredible, so much so that we have had customers wanting to buy their van after their trip. Because of the overwhelming interest, in spring of 2020, we are launching Axis Vehicle Outfitters which will focus directly on building and selling our Transit and E-series platforms. We are focused on building vans that are durable, simple, and affordable so we can help get more people into vans and out exploring.

Below is the first van we have for sale to the general public and would love to hear your feedback.

Link to Craigslist ad:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...061237865.html

2015 Ford Transit cargo van - Medium roof (5'10" interior height) with Long wheelbase 148" $59K

Financing Available!

Van is located in Portland OR - Come check it out or rent one of the other vans we have available at www.roamerica.com

• 83,xxx miles
• 3.7l ti-vct v6 engine (275hp and 260 lb/ft torque)
• Marine ply subfloor
• Lonseal marine vinyl flooring
• Insulation – thinsulate r7 rated
• Wall panels - thermoformed 3/16″ abs
• Cedar ceiling panel
- 4 brand new BFG KO2 Tires - 245/75/16 E rated

CABINETS

• Galley, overhead, rear left with sliding doors and pantry
• Cabinets mounted to ford factory connections and through floor where applicable
• All cabinets are built with extruded aluminum frames for rigidity and durability
• Baltic birch plywood with Formica Commerical Laminate
• Soft close, full extension Blum sliding drawers with Southco compression latches
• Undermount stainless steel sink
• Stainless steel Faucet
• Lifting overhead cabinet doors

SEATS

• Eu crash rated swivel front passenger seat
• Jack-knife sofa bed
• 3 lap belts

BEDS
• Upper bed is 2 piece, removable 70″ x 48″ with 2″ medium density foam mattress and covered in marine grade vinyl
• Sofa bed is 80″ x 50″ with 4″ medium density foam and covered in marine grade vinyl

PLUMBING
• (2) 5 gallon Scepter portable water tanks with drip free quick release valves
• Shurflow Aquaking 3 gallon/minute water pump
• Stainless steel under mount sink with stainless faucet

ELECTRICAL
Designed and installed by electrical engineer with 30 years experience (G-Scalf here on the forum) Meets or exceeds marine grade ratings. Blue sea marine grade components, stranded and tinned wire, heat shrunk and labeled connections. All wires wrapped in protective loom. External shore power connection charges both house battery and van battery. Solar connections pre-run for roof top solar and portable solar panels.

• Oasis firefly 110amp 12v group 31 deep cycle battery
• Truckfridge TF65
• Balmar sg200 battery monitor
• Kisae ac 1260 battery charger
• Kisae abso acrm 1201 remote panel monitor
• Kisea dmt1250 dc to dc 50amp charger
• Battery temp sensors for accurate and efficient battery charging
• Lunasea soft white dimmable led lights (3)
• Propane and CO2 alarms
• Maxxfan Plus 4500 fan
• Blue-sea fast charge 4.8amp dual usb charge port (2)
• Bluesea 12v socket charge port (2)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0454.jpg   IMG_0455.jpg   IMG_0457.jpg   IMG_0460.jpg   IMG_0461.jpg  

IMG_0462.jpg  

Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Looks gorgeous, and in my opinion, Scalf designing and installing the electrical components definitely adds credibility, and quite likely some actual financial value, to your van. GLWS.

Herb
Old 01-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #3

I was in the Roamerica shop this Summer and had a chance to see some of the build work they're doing. The materials and components I saw were all top notch... as was the design and attention to detail. Great people doing some cool stuff.
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:04 PM   #4

What’s the crash rating like on the rear seats? Set up looks sweet, but I worry about rear seat occupants if there isn’t a large plate bolted underneath holding onto those lap belts.
Grampswrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #5

Thanks Herb! Greg has been incredible to work with. We all love having him around the shop.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #6

Thanks Joe! Swing by anytime
Old 01-31-2020, 02:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
What’s the crash rating like on the rear seats? Set up looks sweet, but I worry about rear seat occupants if there isn’t a large plate bolted underneath holding onto those lap belts.
Thru bolted into the crossmembers with (4) Grade 8 1/2" bolts/washers and plates to distribute the weight.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodie View Post
Thru bolted into the crossmembers with (4) Grade 8 1/2" bolts/washers and plates to distribute the weight.

Awesome. I really like your vans. Maybe next time I’m in the market I’ll check one out.
Grampswrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Awesome. I really like your vans. Maybe next time I’m in the market I’ll check one out.
Thank you for the kind words!