Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #11

A bump post for the member trying to sell a van. Also a bump post to move beyond the last post which was dumb.

Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #12

I'm sorry, I don't really know what's going on with the previous few posts. I do find it annoying to bash something someone is trying to sell. If you are not interested in buying it why even comment? Is the trash talk meant to scare away other people who may be interested?

Regardless, I appreciate the complimentary posts and try my best to answer questions thoroughly. It doesn't cost anything to be polite, even to people that are rude.

The van is still for sale (until March 20th) for the price of $60,000. The price is on the low end of the NADA value which is between $59,000-$72,000. If it does not sell we will keep it and modify it so it better suits our needs.
CDGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #13

On the original window sticker the tow package says "5000 lbs. capacity".

As to your question regarding the auxiliary generator, I really don't know. Other than trying it out to make sure it works we have never had occasion to use it. My husband wanted an all-electric camper because we have family in NYC and getting into the city is a hassle if you have propane tanks, so he thought the auxiliary alternator instead of a separate generator was a good option. The belt for it broke when we were in rural Maine and it was a size the local parts store did not have so we had to order it. We bought an additional one as a back up. It did not affect the operation of the vehicle and we drove it to our destination before replacing the belt.

Update: Actually, if I remember correctly, the mechanic at the little shop in the nearest town said that the parts store did not carry the MB belt and it needed to be ordered. After a couple of days it still had not come in. My husband stopped by the shop to talk to the mechanic and noticed the row of belts behind the counter. He said, "Isn't that the size belt we need?" The guy said it was but it wasn't a MB belt. They put it on, it worked, we bought the other one he had as a back up. The bill was $135 and that was the end of it.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #14

I am pulling this van off the market March 20th if it does not sell. The weather is about to be too good not to use it.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #15

Hmm... how hard do you think it would be to raise the bed up so a fork-mount bike tray could fit under it?

This van is so close to the layout I want.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #16

Platform bed

The platform bed is completely removable. You could easily relocate the rails that the platform sits on. Or you could stack half of the platform and mattress on the other half. Sorry the pictures are not that good, the platform is too heavy for me to remove by myself and my husband is out of town.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6440.jpg   IMG_6442.jpg   IMG_6443.jpg   IMG_6444.jpg   IMG_6445.jpg  

Old 03-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #17

Thanks. I have to think about it. Unfortunately, the tank location is a bit of a problem as well.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #18

It is a fairly large fresh water tank. It sits alongside the wheel well, there is probably about 3 feet of empty space from the wheel well to the rear door.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #19

I am going to be in and out of town until April 15th and will not have time to put our possessions back in the van or use it before then. Therefore, I am keeping it on the market until then and a friend will show it to anyone if I am not available.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #20
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloalpinist View Post
reply back to jwa and duncanc...i have $64k in checking account. Looking to own 3 vans for rental. My belief is that mb is a name brand you pay for and there are a lot minuses, e.g. High maintenance and repair costs, not a lot of repair options in the remote rocky mountain region and sw area.

M. Duncanc, je manque practique a parler francais. J'etudie 4 ans a ecole. Pourquoi dites-vous, "n'cest-se pas"?
yawn, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote