Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #1

2017 RB52 Sportsmobile Transplant $52K

Purchased a 2000 GMC sportsmobile with bad body (rust), with intent of transferring internals to a newer van. Project completed and used for 18mos, have now decided we want full height van with permanent bed.

The 2017 GMC cargo van has 46K miles, there are some minor blemishes on the body that I did not see until I washed it by hand.

Interior is in very good condition, it was used very little by previous owner - no sign of wear on upholstery. Updated sink, cooktop, LED lights, countertop, backup camera. Has onan 2.8kw generator with 52 hours which was serviced after removal from the old van. Passenger seat swivels. Bluetooth stereo with aux in. New Michelin tires 6 months ago.

I didn't cut any corners on this project, everything is in good working order. I'm in Brainerd Mn. I will consider delivering the van for additional cost.

Having trouble uploading pictures, I will email to interested parties. Van is white with chrome package and factory galvanized running boards that could use a new coat of paint. Interior is grey and looks modern

mopractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:46 AM   #2

Try pics again

[attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	42230[/attach]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	42230

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	42231
Old 01-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #3

More pics

This is Savanah 2500 with 4.8l V8
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0437.jpg   IMG_0438.jpg   IMG_0436.jpg  
Old 01-28-2022, 10:38 AM   #4

For photos I suggest uploading to Imgur, then linking here using the "insert image" feature. Hello from Minneapolis

motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:58 PM   #5

Or get Tapatalk app and post photos easily. Bonus is you can browse forums ad free.

Name:	IMG_20210513_105737.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	42644
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:02 AM   #6

Added listing to Clist

Added my listing to several craigslist sites. Numerous scam responses but no interest so far. Seems like a very reasonable price to get into a fully equipped newer "sportsmobile" with low mileage.

Purchase a 20 year old GMC Sportsmobile Van that was in very good condition except for van body. Removed interior (sportsmobile RB 52 layout) and pop top then installed in a 2017 GMC 2500 van with 42,000 miles, it has the 4.8 liter Vortec V8. After using the van for couple seasons we have decided we want a full height van with a permanent bed. The 2017 van has exact internal dimensions as the previous van so everything fits like new, however it took many hours to do everything right.

Pop top (penthouse) with overhead bed
Couch that turns into bed (3 lap belts)
Passenger seat swivels to rear
Onan 2.8 kW generator with auto transfer switch (50 hours on meter) completely serviced and adjusted
Shore power connection 30A
Backup camera / stereo with Aux in
New cook top, sink, countertops, and table top
Dual volt refrigerator
Microwave
Propane furnace / thermostat
Fiama F45 awning
Updated and added new interior lights (LED)
Water system (cold only)
Compartment for porta poti
Storage in every door panel
Day and night shades on slider windows
New Michelin Cross climate tires
Trailer hitch
Factory running boards
Front and side airbags in cab
Have all original paperwork for the van.

I flew to Texas and purchased the 2017 van so I would not have to be concerned about rust. There are a couple very minor scratches in the body that I did not see until I was washing the van by hand. I have restored several vehicles including a 74 GMC motorhome so I have experience, and tools, to do this kind of project - you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #7

Just some respectful feedback from someone who is in the market for a used SMB or custom camper van, you need to fix your photos (currently upside down) + post MANY more photos, and/or post link to your craigslist ad. Just my $0.02
Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #8

Agreed, looks nice from what I can see. If more pics show what I expect I think you're spot on with price but without pics hard to tell.

Good luck with sale
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:27 PM   #9

Based on the pics I’m pretty amazed at the quality transplant job you seem to have done. I don’t think I’d have known the SMB build wasn’t OEM on your current van if you hadn’t had said something. Price seems fair since the van itself is so new (relatively speaking). Nice job!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:53 AM   #10

mopractive: check your inbox I've DM'd you several times.
Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote