Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 01:47 PM   #11

@unimat

Looks like the swivel base shifts the seat 2" towards the driver and when rotated shifts it 3.5" towards the driver?? I am ASSUMING that is so the passenger door can remain closed and the seat can be turned. Had a 1990 Ford and the passenger seat had to be full forward, back with max tilt and passenger door open to rotate the seat. Do I read it correctly?

Looks like enough room on base to drill new mounting holes shift assembly toward passenger door if one wants to.
Attached Thumbnails
Scan4.jpg  

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:09 PM   #12

Yep, just like it says. I've got a non-offset one on my other van, and like you say, The seat has to full up, full retracted to the rear and the passenger door has to be open. A bit of a pain but you can get used to about anything I guess.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #13

Is this still available? Does the kitchen layout convert to a bed?
Barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Is this still available? Does the kitchen layout convert to a bed?

Yes it is. Yes the dining/ sitting area converts to a double bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06372.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	36742

We just took it down to the San Rafael swell in Utah for a shakedown cruise to see how this model worked. Now my wife wants to keep it and sell the other one!

Having the Isotemp water heater is great! I tend to drive every day rather than sitting still. Even if I only drive for a half hour, the water is SUPER HOT. The lighting is way better than in my other van too, lots more light and dimmable options. The V-6 performs like a champ and we got 21 MPG offroad and highway combined. Couple things I gotta do, like a better side door handle and a latch for the auxiliary table so it doesn't rattle when in motion.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenS View Post
@unimat

Looks like the swivel base shifts the seat 2" towards the driver and when rotated shifts it 3.5" towards the driver?? I am ASSUMING that is so the passenger door can remain closed and the seat can be turned. Had a 1990 Ford and the passenger seat had to be full forward, back with max tilt and passenger door open to rotate the seat. Do I read it correctly?

Looks like enough room on base to drill new mounting holes shift assembly toward passenger door if one wants to.
Received the swivel base today, 5 days after I ordered. Minor issue I had to drill out the 4 seat mounting bolt holes from 7/16" to 1/2" and the seat assembly came together fine.

It is odd that the lock lever faces rear. Again not a real issue I will add a clip so that when the seat is facing forward it can be locked. My big concern was my center console interfering with rotating the seat but it didn't. The corner of the seat had enough crush to get by it. Works great.
Glad you found it.

The Green TARDIS
Old 11-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #16

That's really odd Len. Both of the swivels that I have done had the lever facing forward. You may have been shipped the driver side unit by mistake?
Old 11-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #17

That is my thought since there is no p/n stamped or marked on the swivel. But that is fine. We have a screen side door on the van and the door post restricts the travel and reclining of the passenger seat. If I install a forward catch for the lever just 5 degrees clockwise for the front position the seat back misses the door post and has full function. A happy accident.

The Green TARDIS
Old 01-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #18

Have you sold this van yet or do you have a different one you are selling?
r130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #19

Yes, I still have it for sale. I've got 2 for sale right now,gonna sell one or the other and use the survivor while I'm building another! You can get more pix and info at snakerivervans.com
Old 01-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #20

Unimat - Great website. Keep up the stellar work !

I sent you a message via your website Home

Cheers -
Stone Cite is offline   Reply With Quote