Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2016, 07:16 AM   #1

95 Ford E350 SMB 4x4 for sale only 45K miles

I purchased this from a forum member about 6 months ago..After a few short trips with the Mrs we decided that to do our dream trip Alaska-Argentina we need something larger...here is the original build thread by the previous owner..........lots has been done since then as well........
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...sty-10698.html
Subsequent to purchasing it I had a lot of modifications and improvements (in my mind at least)........here's the short list;
Penthouse re-spayed with matching textured paint (I forget name)
Rebuilt interior with a large jackknife sofa/bed behind driver(so one of us could sleep while other drove)....with new foam and uphostery
New coin type rubber flooring/new cabinets w/drawers/ LP stove with small oven (A little over the top but oven can serve as storage space when not using)/new LP-Elec water heater/
Add'l 100w solar panel (200w total) with new controller
New fantastic roof fan
new LED light bar
New Penthouse fabric from SMB.....NOT INSTALLED ...original fabris is ok but has a few rips.......This cost me $800- from Ohio SMB
New Agile rear leaf spring supplement leaf system (Makes a big difference!)
5 new BFK KO2 285/75/16 tires with 1000 miles approx
The previous owner did a great job with his original build/modifications in my opinion and I have spent a great deal of time and money in further mods. The vehicle has approx. 45K original miles btw and runs great.
I am currently out of the country until next week and will be in Maryland (where the rig is btw) until end of Aug.........After that I will be abroad again for a few months but have a friend who could potentially show it to interested parties
Price is 35K but I will reduce the price to 32K if I can sell it before Aug 31st to a forum member. I do not plan on advertising it anywhere else for now. I think you will be impressed if you look at the original build thread here......I know I was!
One last item I forgot....A new and uninstalled Aluminess large box with mount and swing arm for non-Aluminess bumper (It has Reunels).......I will include this for an add'l $500-if someone comes up with the 32K before 8/31 (I think I paid around $1500- for it!).........otherwise I will install it on my new rig
If interested please email me at jimgreen56@hotmail.com and include "Sportsmobile" in the subject line please...Thanks....Jim

SLACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #2

Is this a 4x4? 29 pages to look for that answer... Looks like you've really made a serious effort at it!
StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #3

4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaBallard View Post
Is this a 4x4? 29 pages to look for that answer... Looks like you've really made a serious effort at it!
Yes, I realize it is a lot of pages and of course none of the improvements I made are included in the original build by Scotty86..........Quigley 4x4 ...with Agile RIP kit...Air compressor...12K Winch....the list goes on and on........Scotty86 did a great job on the build!
I really love it but it is just too small for us to live in for 2+ years........
Old 08-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #4

Not ready on pricing?
Where are you located?
I wouldn't need a loan, btw
StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #5

Pricing Info & Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaBallard View Post
Not ready on pricing?
Where are you located?
I wouldn't need a loan, btw
Pricing info is in above main ad.........In bold now to see better
Rig is located in Baltimore Maryland
Old 08-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #6

95 Ford E350 SMB 4x4 for sale!

Ballard, if a van is a Quigley its a 4x4. That's what they do, 4x4 conversions. Same goes for Ujoint, Advanced, Agile Offroad and many others. These are the common 4 wheel drive converters for these vans.

I know this van inside and out, forwards and backwards. I had it for several years and put 26 of its 45k miles on it. Jim has gotten to know her fairly well but I'm glad to answer questions if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:18 PM   #7

anyway you could post some recent overall pics? that's a lot of threads to wade through to find what the van looks like.
nomad_games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #8

Look at my galleries Nomad. I had the van until a couple months ago. Pics are most recent back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #9

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post175985
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:35 PM   #10

I will post some pics when I get back to USA next week............sorry bout that gentleman