Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
I will be the first to offer $32k cash including the new tent and extra solar panel!! I was interested last time but missed out.
Right there with you if I didn't pick something up last week. I pulled up the original $31.5k add after coming home from the bank to see that it sold. Timing is everything I guess...

Bummed me out to see the purchaser is now flipping it. I'm definitely happy with what I bought but I did like Rusty's layout and heritage better.

Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #22

to the top.

I've had two financing buyers get stopped at the bank because my title reads "van" instead of "motorhome". I registered and insured the vehicle as an RV so I'm not sure why it's labeled that way. Has anyone else had that issue? Wondering if I should get it appraised or change the title.

By the way, there seems to be a general sentiment that I'm "flipping" Rusty. Quite the contrary. I'm investing further into the lifestyle and can't afford to keep two vans. Rusty was for adventures and we have already been on quite a few together. I've decided quickly that I am interested in adventures AND full timing in one so I had no choice but to go a bit bigger. Have no choice but to let Rusty go. The rig was never $31.5, it was always $35K OR $32.5 if bought in cash within a very short time frame. I'm not in a financial situation where I'm in a rush to sell this so I'm selling Rusty for it's full value (still less in my opinion) plus what I have into it. Just wanted to set the record straight
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1159.jpg  
Nomadic Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #23

You bought this one?

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...30k-17941.html
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #24

Yup, I had my eye on it for a while and after going to see it and meeting the SUPER nice folks selling I figured it was the right move to make. If I sell Rusty before January I'll likely be taking her into John/Agile for a full 4wd conversion to complete my masterpiece
Old 10-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #25

95' RB Custom Penthouse 4x4 - Only 50K miles

I like the wheel/tire swap!

Just weighing in on the 'flipping' as well. I offered to spend some time with Neophyte while he was over here in the East before he took Rusty home to San Diego. I got to know him over the course of his two day stay. He's excited and proud to own an SMB, not at all a guy who deals cars. I'm pretty sure he was selling his bike and Jeep to make it happen, so for awhile there Rusty was his daily driver.
Just as Slacker did before him, he is being honest. He decided he loved the lifestyle and wanted more space. That's also why I sold Rusty too, by the way. I'll be the first to tell you I am a flipper and a van nut. I've had over 150 cars and have only bought a few to sell. Mostly I buy them because I want one that day, and the day I wake up and it's time to sell then it's time to sell. It's a hobby, not a marriage for me. Even so, flippers always get a negative rap. I understand this but I'm addicted.
I'm making no comments on prices buying or selling here because it would only be my opinion and ultimately the market will decide. If he had found that sweet EB V10 before mine I bet he would've bought it!
Anyway, thanks to those who have complimented my work on Rusty. It's still an amazing van and I hope it finds a new owner soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #26

I bought two within a year as well. It happens and it keeps them out of the hands of folks who want to create a mobile meth lab Trying to sell my first as well so the $ can be freed up for other purposes.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #27

Flipper

I guess I am a flipper as well....I'll admit it!.......Problem is that I always lose money.......Just my modus operandi
SLACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #28

What kind of mileage does you get?
Ninjaexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #29

Thanks for chiming in with the kind words guys. New to the group and don't want to be the guy catching weird looks at the next meetup

Rusty gets 10 miles to the gallon...any situation...good, bad, ugly, heavy, windy, downhill. The MPG went up some when I put a new left caliper on (it was binding the wheel) but I wouldn't state over 11.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #30

Thanks sound good. Ok is there anyway I can get some more interior pics, fridge, tent up, drivers area, any others you think are important? Also someone mentioned the new tent, has that been replaced? Also is the solar all functional, just making sure?
Thank you very much
Ninjaexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote