Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #1

Aluminess bumpers for sale.

Checking on interest. I just made a deal and will be picking up a few new sets (front and rear) of aluminess aluminum offroad bumpers for the e-series vans. These are the same ones that sportsmobile has as an option on there site. http://www.aluminess.com/vans.htm I'm not sure how much i'll be asking yet. I want to check them out first. Most likely 1500.00 for the front and 1900.00 for the rear + shipping. The sale of the bumpers will be going towards my 97 type III E350 4x4 ambulance rv project. I should have pics this weekend. Deals can go through e-bay for safety reasons not to mention i'm the new guy here. I may consider trades or partial trades for 4x4 conversion stuff . Bumpers will be in KY and can also be shipped forward air. I'm also looking for a full 4x4 van writeup so i can start collecting parts.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #2

I'm interested. Are they to be shipped from the manufacturer in CA?? If this works, I need to do soon as my van is at Salem Kroger currently having the 4WD installed. I am assuming that they are for 2007 and earlier model Ford Vans (mine is a 2004). Let me know right off. Thanks. oclv.
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #3

Yes they will fit the earlier vans up to 07. I'll be picking them up friday morning. I can have pics late friday. Shipping would be from Louisville ky. 40207. Forward air is normally the cheapest but you would need to pick them up at the dock in Sacramento. I can get you a shipping quote monday at the latest. Maybe sat. If you want to check into it yourself your looking at about 200lbs for front and rear. Aprox 85lbs each + pallet weight. 1 pallet 6'x4'. http://www.forwardair.com/index.htm paypall or overnight money order you could have them by the end of next week. I'll work you a fair deal being they make them in your state and there is shipping involved from KY. Check your p.m.'s for my #.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #4

I picked up the bumpers so can e-mail pics. 1400.00 for the fronts and 1,800.00 for the rears or 3000.00 for a set. Hardware and instructions included.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #5

When were the bumpers manufactured? I was told that they have recently made improvements to the rear bumper by putting on extra hinges. Are the ones you have the latest version?? Thanks. oclv
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #6

Pics of the bumpers and the ambulance project have been posted in my albums. oclv, I'm not sure of the manufacture date? How can i tell?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #7

Crazy! Wow, are you going to tell us how/where you picked these up? Or are there more you can get...

The only major issue on manufacture is if they came before Aluminess became aluminess and was still making all steel bumpers, which max out (exceed?) the front end weight on diesels.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #8

These bumpers are aluminum so i guess they are the newer style.. I happened across them on http://www.govliquidation.com/vehicles.html They were at Wright Patterson air force base and i won them on an online auction. I flew up picked up the ambulance and swung by the base on my way home. Someone needs to buy some of these bumpers so i can start on my 4x4 conversion as well as the other mods I'm planing on.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #9
Site Team

Nice score!

Herb
Old 02-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #10

I'm thinking i'll may keep one rear as well as a front. Cut it in half and build a step in the center to widen it and use it on the ambulance. I'll have to look into that and see if i can make it work.