Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 AM   #21

More than happy to take more detailed pictures if anybody needs them. The last ones I did not take under the van on my back because we had fresh snow.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellpilot View Post
More than happy to take more detailed pictures if anybody needs them. The last ones I did not take under the van on my back because we had fresh snow.
That would be awesome, wife has difficulties getting into the van now that she’s had a knee replaced. Thinking the AMP running boards may be the answer.

Thank You
ghetto fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
If you're doing it like Bruce at Specialized does (and the parts that I'm using for the Cummins van)...

You need (1) 75107-01A Hummer H2 running board kit and also (2) 20-03752-79 79” running board extrusions.

electronics are simple... powers, grounds, door switch tie in.
any reason for not using 2 full length steps? i think it would be kinda nice to have a full length board on both sides to help tuck canvas if needed.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:23 AM   #24

I really want a set of these. I've been waiting to see what MG came up with. Lets try to make it worth it for him
jjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto fireman View Post
That would be awesome, wife has difficulties getting into the van now that she’s had a knee replaced. Thinking the AMP running boards may be the answer.

Thank You

+1 on more detailed pictures. If I can’t find a source for the brackets, I will have to come up with something myself. Any details will help. Thanks.

I also emailed SMB to see if they will supply he brackets. I will update this thread if I get a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #26

I'm in the same boat as all y'all. Been researching this heavily over the last two years. Reached out to Bruce and MGM (both very helpful). Knew they were expensive and made the decision to commit on that end but just so many friggin tech issues i.e. battery placement, grey h20 tank, available room on the frame, yada yada yada. I'll be watching to see what y'all come up with.
kccourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:00 PM   #27

Uniform bodies? Year what to what?

Does anyone know what the model year run is that has the same body panels? I started this thread looking for help on my 2003 EB. Tons of good information has come in but thought it might be helpful going forward once a solution is found for the brackets to know what range of years they will be applicable to.... (Notwithstanding the SMB gear that may or may not cause interference problems on individual vans). Thanks to all for the pics and info! I too am thinking of fabrication my own now that I have the baseline parts to order/start from. If successful, I could fabricate additional sets for others and thereby spread the "love" ($cost) of the effort.
Dummyfatpigpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #28

Hopefully next week I can get some pictures of the AMP Power steps we installed on an EB 350. We used the F350 Kit for full length boards on both sides. Brackets were definitely modified to work on the van.

I guess one way of doing this is to make brackets that will fit a stock E Series van and then let the owners modify the other items such as batteries, holding and propane tanks, etc.

I think the pictures will help a lot.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #29

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dummyfatpigpoo View Post
I too am thinking of fabrication my own now that I have the baseline parts to order/start from. If successful, I could fabricate additional sets for others and thereby spread the "love" ($cost) of the effort.
Allow me to be the first to Thank you for the offer, and acknowledge interest in a set if my 06 aligns with your 03.

All these great minds working on a solution, and the number of people expressing interest, suggests a probable resolution sooner than later. This is encouraging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Hopefully next week I can get some pictures of the AMP Power steps we installed on an EB 350. We used the F350 Kit for full length boards on both sides. Brackets were definitely modified to work on the van.

I think the pictures will help a lot.
Pic's would be greatly appreciated if you are able to acquire them - My interests lie with the possibility of two full length steps

Thanks to all helping this process!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
I guess one way of doing this is to make brackets that will fit a stock E Series van and then let the owners modify the other items such as batteries, holding and propane tanks, etc.
And that's the trouble.. Each of our vans is different, so building a kit that fits all vans is impossible.. So you build one kit, but then folks are stuck moving propane tanks or batteries or whatever, which ain't a simple task!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote