Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2020, 08:53 PM   #11

I inquired about this last week and got a response from Dave. He is down in the San Diego area and as such, me being in the San Francisco area, I wasn't able to drop by to check it out so passed on it. I will send him an email and let him know that you are interested in it. I liked the look of the interior as I hadn't seen that setup before. The van looks to be in really good shape, but not sure what engine it has, other than a 'gas v8'...

TonyB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #12

Actually, thinking about how Craigslist works, once the listing expires, he might not be getting any notifications that someone is interested in it...I sent him an email. See if he replies. If not, I'll send him a text.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Question is if Crow changed the gear ratio for the 4x4 and huge tires....does the ratio match front to rear and is there diff fluid in the axles? And can you trust any welds on that van?
It had like 3.55 gear ratio. If they didnt change the gears, that thing is barely getting down the road on 35s with that 5.8.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Definitely a Crows conversion. You can always tell by the steps and bumpers.

The interior actually threw me off a little bit because when I owned it, the counters and stuff were woodgrain, not white.
Changing out the interior cabinets would be a huge job, possibly more hours than the 4wd conversion, and all for a minimal return on investment. Coming out of Mexico, I'd be very concerned and want to make sure there wasn't some monkey business going on, like a body swap or a stolen van with the VIN plate swapped. It may be that a former owner switched for some reason, but I'd want to check it out very carefully for many reasons.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Changing out the interior cabinets would be a huge job, possibly more hours than the 4wd conversion, and all for a minimal return on investment. Coming out of Mexico, I'd be very concerned and want to make sure there wasn't some monkey business going on, like a body swap or a stolen van with the VIN plate swapped. It may be that a former owner switched for some reason, but I'd want to check it out very carefully for many reasons.
The cabinets and layout look the same. I think maybe they just re-skinned the cabinets with white.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:33 PM   #16
MSD

Garage
There are several people in SoCal do these conversions with Halcon racing now... so yes still a crows style conversion but might not be him per say, but done at the same place. So I'd say buyer beware and do your due diligence
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #17

Just heard back from Dave. He's been on vacation and will be back Aug 5th. Try him again then and I'm sure he'll respond.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #18

Looks to be an E250 and not E350 as the description says.