Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #11

It's nice that folks are willing to help move vans, but I would highly recommend that prior to handing your investment over to a complete stranger, you first check references, then with your insurance company to make sure they will insure you and the driver in the event of a loss or an accident in which someone was hurt. I would then make sure to have a signed contract that spells out exactly what the costs will be, including all expenses (which add up quickly), what the expected delivery date is, what route will be taken (any side trips planned?) and who pays for damages the insurance doesn't cover (the deductible). I would also ask for a copy of their drivers license. Better safe than sorry..........

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig255 View Post
Hello
I am another option. I am a 7 year SMB owner, and have driven 6 other vans for different members that will vouch for me, and tried to tow one but with misarabl results. I do not charge for my time as long as it's a personal van not commercial move, just pay expenses. I am in the SoCal area.
Thanks
Don
Don’t need your services as I have my van but you got my vote!!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #13

Anytime from anywhere
driverjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
It's nice that folks are willing to help move vans, but I would highly recommend that prior to handing your investment over to a complete stranger, you first check references, then with your insurance company to make sure they will insure you and the driver in the event of a loss or an accident in which someone was hurt. I would then make sure to have a signed contract that spells out exactly what the costs will be, including all expenses (which add up quickly), what the expected delivery date is, what route will be taken (any side trips planned?) and who pays for damages the insurance doesn't cover (the deductible). I would also ask for a copy of their drivers license. Better safe than sorry..........
10/4 a written agreement to review and it gives either side an option to respectfully decline.van owner should do all leg work necessary to protect his interest and get a shipping quote to compare and make an informed decision,can’t expect someone offering a free driving service to handle your “buiz”
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #15

As for myself I used to handle all of the out of state deliveries for Sportsmobile exclusively.All you have to do is call Sportsmobile and they will give you my reference.Ive been driving these vans all over the country for a good 15 years now.I have a list of clients from CEO's to Celebrities.Happy Fathers Day to all The Dads out there
driverjosh is offline   Reply With Quote