Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #1

Atwood electric bed/sofa frame. Free to good home

Home builders special, 48 hours only then it goes to Goodwill. One Atwood electric bed frame, push button up and down as well as slide forward and backwards. Perfect condition, I took it out and replaced it with an Atwood manual bed frame. It has no cushions, I re-used them on the manual frame. You can get those at an RV place, the Atwood frame seems to be ubiquitous.

An enterprising person with a bit of time could adapt the screw drives to make an electric penthouse lift, a pig-roasting barbecue or perhaps a nice piece of halloween scariness, think skeletons rising silently from the grave...

You pay freight. I'll tie it to a pallet and get it to the truck freight depot of your choice. It, and I are in Albuquerque, NM.

witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #2

Re: Atwood electric bed/sofa frame. Free to good home

Sorry to ask questions on a freebee.
Do you have any pic's and rough dimensions. I know some of the Antwood frames you can't place against a wall as it stops them folding flat, is this one of those models?
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #3

No problem on the questions. The frame is 26 deep by 45 wide and just under 12 high, not counting the back cushion support.

If by putting it against a wall do you mean mounting it sideways in the van against the side? If so, I believe it will still work. The seat and back cushions have a drive mechanism to move them forward on the frame. I never did figure out what this was for but now I'm guessing it is so you can mount it against a wall and can slide it forward on the frame to make space for the cushions to recline.

I will take a picture and post it here or send it to you if my post fails. (which it has done in the past)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #4

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5030.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #5

eBed 2
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5029.jpg   IMG_5029.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #6

I wonder what that would cost to ship to Iowa??? I have a friend in the shipping biz.. do you happen to have a yellow freight close to you? and what do you think it weighs so I can have him give me a shipping quote. thanx.
racrx451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #7

Albuquerque does have a Yellow depot and the frame weighs about 70 lbs. I'd give it another 15 for the pallet and string to tie it down.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #8

sorry, I got swamped with work and haven't asked him for a shipping quote. I will ask him for a quote if you still have it. thanx.
racrx451 is offline   Reply With Quote