Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #11

Thumbs up Stock Rhino Lined bumpers back up for sale...

Greetings, We are back from Van Specialties with the Aluminess bumpers installed on the rig. Sooooo......

As of today, March 22nd 2016 the original + professionally Rhino Lined front and rear bumpers are once again for sale, and available immediately, and i'm asking $150 for the pair.

A few notes from my OP...The front and rear bumpers for our 2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD van have had the metal areas professionally Rhino Lined. The RL was put on by Rhino Liner of Vancouver WA spring of 2014. They did a great job. The owners said that about once every five or so years you can re-do the finish to factory color with the RL brush on refresher paint available from RL online or any RL shop. At the time of the picture we hadn't washed the rig in months.

Thom

accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:23 AM   #12

Hey Accrete,

Would love to see pics of the new bumpers.

Also, how is that 3M Dinoc wrap on the hood holding up?
JFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #13

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
Hey Accrete,

Would love to see pics of the new bumpers.

Also, how is that 3M Dinoc wrap on the hood holding up?
Dang, here it was Sunday morning before an easy 1/2 day at the office thinking the original bumpers might have found a new happy home on someone's Express Van , (

OK, soooo... here are the new bumpers in a little collage I put together:

We are 100% pleased with the look and functionality of the new bumpers/boxes. They took the rig up to another level in our opinion. That said, by way of encouragement to any who may follow builds such as ours...
We are regular folk like most anyone on a forum such as this or Expo. We had a vision, and over the last ~5+ years have seen it come together. It is my belief that these sorts of adventure rigs are possible for nearly anyone on a _regular_ income willing to put time and effort in the mix rather than completed-off-the-shelf factory build. We saved and paid cash for all the mods along the way.

And on the 3M Dinoc wrap?
Well...As mentioned in the build thread about a year ago, 3M recommends in their instructions the wrap has a ~3 year "release" time and an estimated ~4 year life. At over 5 years the wrap is still fine up close though my wife doddles on its appearance with various vinyl cleaners and such. I will say it is now something she does about twice a month rather than the once every other month in years past. So it is ageing in a way as the surface dulls quicker these days. I asked her what her thoughts were on the hood and both of us agreed we wanted it black. So maybe it will be a project?? Don't have a solution to that dialed in yet. Time to research.

OK, now somebody come to the coast, make me a deal I can't refuse on the bumpers : )

Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote