Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 07:45 PM   #1

Chevy or Dodge Conversion Van Swivel / Removable

Anyone want this? I spent half a day at a salvage yard wrestling it out before I learned swivels aren't universal. Let me know. The bolt pattern for the plate (that goes into the van) looks like an 8" wide spread.

The functionality is interesting (quick release of the seat, plus swivel), I just have no use for it, and it will be in the trash Tuesday morning if not taken. Will take $10 plus shipping (junkyard charged me $35 ), which feels heavy. Local pickup in Dallas area.
Attached Thumbnails
20210314_204149.jpg   20210314_204155.jpg  

scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:11 AM   #2

We used one of these to add a third cpt chair. It was out of a Starcraft conversion. They are very functional and works great. You can get adapters or a new seat for one at Catalog Index - Unique Concepts
If that helps anyone out thinking of picking this up
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytothestone View Post
We used one of these to add a third cpt chair. It was out of a Starcraft conversion. They are very functional and works great. You can get adapters or a new seat for one at Catalog Index - Unique Concepts
If that helps anyone out thinking of picking this up
Thanks keytothestone, coincidentally I'm going to unique concepts today, and will drop this thing off with them -- he said they might could use it.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #4

Nice! I bought a used base plate from them just like the one you have. So I'm sure they would be stoked. We didn't want to remove the base from the donor van cause we still use the van a lot. Pic of captain chair with swivel. The chair pops out so easy!
Attached Thumbnails
20200919_104243.jpg  
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:39 AM   #5

Cool pic. They are halfway through modifying my van. It sounds like they have some good experiences with vans (still felt like some learning going on, but I appreciated their thoughtful approach). Will report back with results.