Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #1

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken
Craigslist and Crazedlist.org

Craigslist is great...but even better is www.crazedlist.org

Crazedlist lets you search multiple Craigslist pages at the same time.

Tidbits
- I noticed that SMB in Fresno occasionally sells parts and equipment on Craigslist too.
- I used it to find the 'Bearsmobile'
- I generally would find about 4 to 6 for sale across the USA, mostly west coast with 4x4

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #2

Hopefully it will stay up. CL tends to kill any sites that overlink to them. There is a guy on ComancheClub.com that does an RSS feed list of all the comanches on CL, I thought that was pretty cool but apart from doing it manually I couldn't figure out how to make it happen.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #3

crazedlist

marty,

thanks for the link.

how does it work?

i typed in sportsmobile for search acorss the usa, and didn't get anything, even thought i know that there are smbs for sale right now.

can you give me the specific info. on how to make it work?

thanks

blair
blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #4

Garage
Blair,

For some reason Internet Explorer will not work on this site.

Step 1: Install Firefox...which I think is much better than IE (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/)

Step 2: you may have to configure the about:config settings. The craizelist webpage has instructions.

Start searching!

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #5

Garage
Summary from Crazedlist.org, keyword; Sportsmobile
- There are 6 available total in USA
- Interesting price variations...hope it helps someone
- I removed any phone numbers, so go to the original post if you need it...

-------------------

orange county craigslist > recreational vehicles
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1996 FORD E-350 SPORTSMOBILE - $22500
Reply to: sale-443976288@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-08, 9:50PM PDT

1996 FORD E-350 SPORTSMOBILE- 139K miles, 2 wheel drive, gas V-8, runs and looks excellent, new BFG A/T, 4" Action Van lift, 17" American Racing wheels, correct trac spacers, Bush Whacker Fender Flares, side steps, Alpine AM/FM/CD with Sirius, Ipod module and Yakima Racks. Floor plan RB-31, penthouse top with bed for 2, gaucho convertible couch(sleep 1 adult or a few kids), sink, stove, furnace, hot water heater, fridge, shower wand, porta potti, tons of storage. For more info, check out their website: http://www.sportsmobile.com/

-----------------

orange county craigslist > cars & trucks
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
SPORTSMOBILE - $36000
Reply to: sale-426323273@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-19, 3:38AM PDT

2001 FORD/SPORTSMOBILE, MODEL: Sportsmobile (EB 31)E350 4X4, ENGINE: V-10, AUTO TRANS, MILES: 49078, TIRES: F:LT285/75R16@85%, 16' ALUM, WHEEL BASE: 138", GVW: 9400, 2-20 GAS GAS TANKS, RADIO, AC, BUCKET SEATS, COLOR: SILVER, STEEL FRAME, SPRING SUSP., SPORTS MOBILE CONVERSION KIT, 4 SWIVEL CAPTAINS CHAIRS, 1 BENCH THAT FOLDS INTO BED, REFRIDGERATOR, SINK, POWER INVERTOR, TV, VCR, RECIEVER HITCH WIHT ELEC TO REAR. VERY CLEAN AND VERY HARD TO FIND. cOMES WITH HARD TOP/BUBBLE AND AWESOME AND ALL SPORTSMOBILE. VERY HARD TO FIND ONE THIS CLEAN WITH LOW MILES. NEVER BEEN OFF ROAD.

---------------

inland empire craigslist > recreational vehicles
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
SPORTSMOBILE - 1991 Ford Econoline - $6950
Reply to: see below
Date: 2007-10-11, 1:11PM PDT

SPORTSMOBILE
1991 Ford Econoline
Just the right size! Drive it every day -- around town. Then use it for weekend trips and vacation adventures.

Penthouse up -- for a spacious interior 7' ceiling and upstairs bedroom for two. Zippered plastic windows plus screen/cross ventilation. Privacy curtains.

Penthouse down -- blends with van -- minimal cross wind effect -- fits in most garages.

Couch opens up, porta potty, hot water heater, sink, stove, fridge, microwave oven, and a heater to keep everyone cozy.

Priced to sell!
$6,950.00 (as is)
(Have original owner's guide manual)

----------------------------

montana craigslist > recreational vehicles
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Dodge Sportsmobile Pop-up Camper Van - $17500
Reply to: sale-431322394@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-24, 8:32PM MDT

1995 Dodge Sportsmobile Pop-up Camper Van. Custom built camper van by Sportsmobile (out of Indiana) on a Dodge Ram 3500 van. 5.9L Magnum V8 engine. Perfect for a couple or small family (sleeps 4). Great gas mileage for an RV (17mpg highway). Compact and fully self-contained. Garaged and in prime condition. Low mileage - 47,000 miles. Includes propane stove, microwave, refrigerator, sink, roll-out awning, roll-around captain's seats in front. With deep-cycle battery, can function on its own without hookup (Battery recharges while driving). This vehicle is perfect for someone looking to get better gas mileage, be more mobile (can park in typical car parking spot) with a versatile vehicle perfect for touring, camping, fishing - you name it. Call Bob 406/728-4856 and make an offer.

-------------

maine craigslist > recreational vehicles
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
1989 Sportsmobile - $3500
Reply to: sale-423497855@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-15, 7:22PM EDT

This Sportsmobile is a conversion of a 1989 Ford V8, auto, trailer hitch, new brakes, shocks, king pins, ball joints, muffler, paint. Equipped with refrigerator and microwave. Sleeps 4. It has 157K miles, but has been "gone through" so that it's suitable for extended travel. For the year and miles - very good condition. Asking $3,300 firm.

-------------------

minneapolis craigslist > recreational vehicles
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
1988 Ford Conversion Pop-Up Camper Van - $3500
Reply to: sale-448760622@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-14, 11:26AM CDT

86,000 miles, Good tires, 351 Fuel Injection, Rebuilt Transmission 300 miles ago, New clutch fan. AC & Heater work. Have all the original conversion documentation from Sportsmobile. Has two sinks, stove, fridge, pottie, table. Top pops up so you can sleep four people, two up & two lower.

---------------------

sarasota craigslist > cars & trucks
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
2006 Sportsmobile conversion van - $47900
Reply to: sale-449623564@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-15, 12:04PM EDT

Ford E-250 chassis
Gold Ash color with custom stripes. Garagable penthouse roof. Cruise, tilt, pwr locks/windows/mirrors,am/fm/cd,4sp auto/overdrive,trailer tow pkg,35 gal fuel tank. Swivel front captain chairs.
5.4L Triton V-8.
Starcool rear air, 3cf refrigerator,microwave, two burner stove, sink, gaucho bed, upper bed, removable captain chairs, grey cabinets, inverter with two deep cycle batteries, furnace, day/night shades, privacy curtains, porta-potty, hanging storage,drawers and cabinet under sink/stove, removable table, bay window at left rear captain chair, 42" slider window above gaucho, 28 pound propane storage, grey water tank, fresh water tank.
7 passenger capable.
One owner, always garaged, no pets, never in cold winter weather. Great travel vehicle.

---------

treasure coast craigslist > recreational vehicles
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
1998 ford sportsmobile R.V. pop top camper van, like eurovan - $18970
Reply to: sale-431843345@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-25, 2:21PM EDT

This is an excellent condition vehicle fully loaded with everything needed to camp or cruise across the country in comfort. All you do is put in park and you’re camping! It does not have a power seat as described, but does have much more than listed. Everything is very clean, as I would rate the exterior, interior, and power train in close too like new condition. Not a leak, seep, or drip under the hood!60k miles on the van is low for the year. Transmission is perfect. Just got back from a 10,000 mile trip, and I'd do it again right now! It's ready to go. I just put two new tires on the back 200 miles ago, front tires are down to about their last 30% \ The "Pop Top" is in perfect condition with no rips, tears, holes, or leaks. All canvas in great shape, including the zippers, screens, and windows. All glass is perfect. All interior is clean with much less than normal wear. All cushions, beds, captain chairs, and carpet are in great shape. Again no rips or tears. Headliner is falling slightly over the drivers seat. (It's about $100.00 to have it fixed. I just haven't had time.) The closets, doors, cupboards, shelves, and cabinets are all like new. Everything in the kitchen is perfect. The 2-burner stove works perfectly, and has been cleaned after every use. The propane gas lines are all clean and ready for safe use. The microwave is perfect. The sink is perfect. The refrigerator is perfect. There are a few black marks I can't get off the back wall of the fridge (inside). Not visible once you load your camping food in there. The A.C. is perfect. The Rear A.C. is perfect. The furnace works perfect. The van has cable jacks for your little T.V. I'm keeping mine (t.v.). The cruise and power windows/locks are perfect. The exterior is perfect. There is a small ding in the middle of the chrome rear bumper. It's small, and it never bothered me. The van is in great shape, and I'm proud of it. I've always kept it up on the service, and had it detailed often. Thanks for the look.

----------------------

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
Another option for searching all of craigslist is to use google but restrict it to the site, e.g.,

sportsmobile site:craigslist.org
Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowracer
Another option for searching all of craigslist is to use google but restrict it to the site, e.g.,

I've used Google to search across various Craig's Lists by putting the word "Craigslist" in the search window, but I didn't know you could site limit the results like that. Thanks for sharing that info.

Herb
Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #8

Garage
Great suggestion

Google has many outdated listings and can miss some postings..especially new ones. I found my smb via craizedlist the day after it was posted.

Good luck on your 2001 Dodge. I got at 1995 for a great deal and do not regret it. Dodge makes a good van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowracer

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'