Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #11

Garage
I have all 4 popout windows from a passenger van along with frames, latches, all hardware, and backing plates. I sent you a pm. Hmu when you can.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:28 PM   #12

Yes i want them. How much?
Shipping to Morro Bay, Ca.
Thank you, Joe Futrmobl
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #13

Garage
This is an interesting thread.My 94 E250 EB work van has opening rear windows and the first thing I did was cage them. My '08 E350 EB that I plan on building out has fixed rear units. I have decided that I would prefer a Maxxfan Deluxe over opening rear windows. That unit cost less $150 new. Perhaps that could be a better solution for you?
LSretired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #14

Thank you very much for your sharing.
Joe Futrmobl
Old 12-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #15

Cut the doors? What the heck
Phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSretired1 View Post
........I have decided that I would prefer a Maxxfan Deluxe over opening rear windows. That unit cost less $150 new. Perhaps that could be a better solution for you?
MaxxFan Deluxe is a very nice unit in the right situations. It is reversible to extract or bring air in. Without some other opening it is far less effective. This is where the pop rear windows become quite nice. Pop those open and use the MaxxFan and there is actual airflow drawn through most of the cabin. Now, on a work van where security is an issue, maybe pop outs are not good, let alone any windows at all. But for a Camper van, rear pop out windows are really nice to have.

Note though - The mounting location of a MaxxFan can be very problematic.

Pop Top - the best location is forward so the fab is usable when the top is down. If the only pop out windows are the side door or cracking the front door windows a bit with vent visors, the air draw does nothing for the rear. However, this forward location then creates conflict with the optimal solar panel locations on the roof. Mid cabin MaxxFan Mount is useless in a pop top with the top down. With the top up, the windows in the canvas provide lots of airflow and the pop out windows below allow for good air movement with a breeze or even convection, or a small fab.

Fixed Top - One of the best installs I did was two MaxxFans on a fixed top. One forward and one at the rear. The solar panels went between the two fans. The fans could be set so one was extract and the other intake which provided a good airflow through the cabin.

I do not recommend installing a MaxxFan until all the roof layouts have been done related to solar, roof rack, etc. Once that hole is cut, it is not easy to change. An inch misplacement can very much impact the other roof mounted accessories and/or carrying boards, boats, skis, etc.

I always look to add rear pop outs to our rigs. The airflow and ability to have usable openings when it is raining outside is essential to comfortable four season camping and interior moisture control. Having pop outs or awning windows (all with screens) on three sides plus the front door windows with vent visors usable at all times provides three directions for capturing any breeze.

For us, the rear pop outs are not just a great add, they are an essential upgrade and a relatively easy one at that. Just make sure to get ALL the pieces including the screw retaining clip that goes on the door sheet metal.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #17

Found. Thank you all very much for your help and suggestions.
Shenrie, you are the best!
Futrmobl
Old 12-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #18

Found, thank you all for your help!