Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 09:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Yup. They are heavy. But I highly recommend them for anybody not rear-axle-weight-constrained.

I haven't quite needed the full 20k tow rating, but I've maxed out the tongue weight rating pulling my 12x60 office trailer around.
Scared to ask what your fuel economy was

I presume to achieve the bumper ratings, they use the same frame/bolt holes that a class V hitch does? (If it's off of a 350, would it fit a 250/150?)

Does anyone have an under-the-beast photo to show how it mounts up? Been a while since I've looked under the back of my van to see the bolt pattern on the trailer hitch mounted to the frame. I have to assume it's standardized and hitch/bumper manufacturers designed all of their products accordingly?

Old 01-26-2020, 10:20 PM   #12

Odontobass,

Call me I have a buddy that wants to buy your bumper, he lives in Los Angeles so it's on your way down to San Diego.

Johnny
310-714-187 five
SoCalManVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post

I presume to achieve the bumper ratings, they use the same frame/bolt holes that a class V hitch does? (If it's off of a 350, would it fit a 250/150?)

Does anyone have an under-the-beast photo to show how it mounts up? Been a while since I've looked under the back of my van to see the bolt pattern on the trailer hitch mounted to the frame. I have to assume it's standardized and hitch/bumper manufacturers designed all of their products accordingly?
It uses the same holes as the OEM hitch receiver, however most aftermarket receivers require adding one more hole per side, and these do not. They also use the bumper mounting plates, and there are some slight variations by year that might require adding a hole per side in this plate.

It should fit E250s, but it would not fit pre-'07 E150s as those have a smaller frame.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:10 PM   #14

Is this still available and just to clarify it includes the spare tire carrier?
Thanks, Eric
Eric06E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #15

That's a screamin' good deal, with all the Reunel bells and whistle add ons. If I didn't already have a Reunel bumper, I'd drive the 4hrs to pick it up.

Stronger that the frame rails it bolts to, and the receiver hitch it replaces. Opens up the under area for a floor box, bigger rear aux fuel tank, etc. When you consider it replaces a bumper and a hitch, it might be a wash, weight-wise.

Two guys can load it into a hatchback, I once put mine in the back of a Geo Metro
Old 02-01-2020, 08:00 AM   #16

I just PM'd you in regards to your bumper.
Thanks
ozzyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:00 AM   #17

Yup. Can confirm it fits in a car. I stuffed mine in my Focus ST when I dropped it off at Buckstop for refurb.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:57 AM   #18

Wow, I had no idea I was in such good company. 2 of you have hauled Reunel, arguably the biggest and heaviest bumpers made, in small cars?

I bought mine from John and Mandi, old members here about 8 years ago. I drove my BMW 323 touring (wagon) down to Florida and we managed to stuff both the front and rear in to the back of that BMW for the 8 hour drive home. It was memorable. I do not remember how I got them out of the car by myself but I'm sure I was in pain for a few days afterwards. Ah......youth.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #19

There is a guy looking for a rear bumper. Did not say where he is from. Looks like a good deal.
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #20

I’m in CO but very interested in your bumper.
Byzantine51 is offline   Reply With Quote