Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #1

Econoline Reunel rear bumper and tire swingarm for sale

Heading down to Aluminess in San Diego next week to have a whole new setup installed and won’t need this bumper anymore. Coming off my 2001 E350. Nothing wrong with it - just going with something different.

No scratches, includes lights.

$300 obo.

Hopefully I can drop it off somewhere between San Diego and Bakersfield next weekend. Otherwise it’ll be available for pickup in Bakersfield. No shipping, tire not included.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6052.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	31512

Odontobass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #2

Sweet bumper. I assume it’s steel?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #3

Interested... Do you have other pictures? Lights included or excluded..?
What was retail on these? I've poked around a little bit but haven't found any pricing to help guide an appropriate offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Sweet bumper. I assume it’s steel?
Yes, think most of Reunel's stuff is steel construction. New the bumper runs like $850 or so? Not sure if that included a tire carrier or not.

edit-edit: Was remembering the buckstop rear bumper which was $825 and I think is steel. Not certain of what Reunel originally retailed for.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #4

Reunell bumpers are all steel, and are made by Buckstop now. This one appears to be one of the pre-Buckstop units, but Buckstop still support those as well. New they are quite a bit more than $850....

These do require removing whatever hitch receiver is installed, but it does have an integrated hitch rated for 20,000 pound towing weight and 6,000 pound tongue weight. The integrated hitch does sit higher than a regular receiver, so it improves your departure angle but you might need so new ball mounts with more drop.

The old rectangular cutouts were originally size for a Hella halogen foglight. While they don't fit as well, any square LED floodlight will illuminate behind the van infinity better.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #5

Keep us posted if this sells. I might be interested, but I'm up in Seattle and wont know if I have any plans to head down your direction for another month or so.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
These do require removing whatever hitch receiver is installed, but it does have an integrated hitch rated for 20,000 pound towing weight and 6,000 pound tongue weight. The integrated hitch does sit higher than a regular receiver, so it improves your departure angle but you might need so new ball mounts with more drop.
Thanks for that information I've got the same bumper (with an associated swing out basket on the passenger side) and had no clue what the weight ratings were for it...
Old 01-26-2020, 07:56 PM   #7

They are basically rated for anything. I had one. Very overbuilt. The 20k rating is way above what any van might tow but I believe it. Reunel bumpers are several hundred pounds. I’d say 200 rear and 3-400 front with a winch with steel cable.

If you dig way back in my threads/pics you can see what one looks like with the diamond plate removed and fresh matte black finish with grip sprayed on the top. I did the front too.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
They are basically rated for anything. I had one. Very overbuilt. The 20k rating is way above what any van might tow but I believe it. Reunel bumpers are several hundred pounds. I’d say 200 rear and 3-400 front with a winch with steel cable.
Translation: "It will make your empty van ride better!" Jokes aside, for someone who isn't pushing up onto gross weight limits, it's probably not that big of a deal, the biggest inconvenience is probably how painful(heavy) it is to install?

A likely plus is that it will withstand bumper-humpers and anything I might back into late at night with no street lights around better than the OEM rear bumper... I'll be sure to say that the flood lights weren't working and that's the excuse I am sticking to!
Old 01-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #9

Yup. They are heavy. But I highly recommend them for anybody not rear-axle-weight-constrained.

I haven't quite needed the full 20k tow rating, but I've maxed out the tongue weight rating pulling my 12x60 office trailer around.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8604.jpeg  
Old 01-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #10

Do you know what bolt pattern it is for the spare?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote