Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #21

SOLD to one of our forum members, just as I had hoped!

Van had five new KO2's installed yesterday - ready to take its delightful, adventurous new owner on many, many great adventures. Make a bunch of wonderful memories

Looking sharp!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0905[1].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	16697

Old 06-08-2017, 10:55 PM   #22

Congrats Ray and new owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #23

Congrats both of you.

Lots of fun to the new owner!
'10 Lada Niva
'04 Nissan 350Z
'67 Alfa Romeo Giulia
chetubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #24

I'm the lucky so-and-so ;-)

Hello Forum Folks,
Yes, I'm the lucky so-and-so who ended up with Ray's wonderful rig. My apologies/good wishes to the folk(s) who had hoped to have a chance to view this van. Best of luck to you in your continued search.

I'm getting ready to write a "new forum introduction" thread, but until then, thank you VERY MUCH to Ray (and his fantastic wife) for the lengthy, exceedingly conscientious orientation, education and logistical support provided to me as I got to know this rig and prepped it for my journey home. Ray's continued support since I left is an emblem of how much he cares about this community. I can't say how grateful I am for his support, and his dedication to this community is inspiring. Purchasing a rig from him, rather than a random craigslist seller, is the best thing that could have happened to me. Thank you Ray!!

I left San Francisco over a week ago and now I'm in Seattle (former home) taking care of a few things and provisioning the van. Then I'm off to New England, stopping to see friends on the way, but not "adventuring" so much as keeping to a timeline. Gathering more things from family's home in MA and then heading to FL to register the vehicle in my new-ish home state. I hope to have the chance to meet up with a few of you along this journey or a future one! I'll be up and down the East Coast quite a bit, but ache to return to SE Utah ;-)

Thanks also to Lance and his wife in Eugene, OR whom Ray rounded up to assist me en route by installing some "spring blocks" to ease the lifting of the pop-top, providing good advice on the van life ;-) and generously providing me with a couple key items for the van.

Until the next time ...
Anne
Old 06-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #25

Drive safe Anne. I'm glad you got your pop top issues fixed. Ray contacted me to try to help you but I was too far away.

What part of Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #26

Thanks Scott! Appreciate your offer at the time. It's a wonderful feeling to have so much support from the forum. I'm in SW Florida, Lee County. How about you?
Old 06-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #27

Congrats

Congratulation on the van.

What kind of 12 volt air conditioner is in the rear of your van?
wl1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by achop View Post
Thanks Scott! Appreciate your offer at the time. It's a wonderful feeling to have so much support from the forum. I'm in SW Florida, Lee County. How about you?
Maryville, Tn

Eric (86Scotty is just my username)

Old 06-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #29

Hi wl1193,
Thanks! And sorry for the slow reply. I honestly couldn't tell you the make/model of the rear house AC. It's not marked on the unit itself (at least not in a location I can see easily at the moment). I've been through all the original SMB doc, which doesn't note the rear AC make, despite providing manufacturers doc for every other component ;-). If I can get an eyeball on this unit from another angle and find something out, I'll let you know.

It works with the A/C compressor, etc under the hood of the van, and requires the engine to be running to work. It's fan speed dial is just right of the steering wheel and the four vents work pretty nicely to distribute the air for rear passengers.

Are you in the market for a 12-volt A/C ... or just looking to compare notes on your own model?
Old 06-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #30

Anne: I'm pretty sure that your van has factory Ford rear heat and A/C.....It's been in my driveway a few times with Ray. It was an option for the cargo vans and stock on window vans.

You should have a number of aluminum refrigerant and coolant lines running under the driver's side of the van front to back....and the rear fan knob on the dash as you mentioned.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote