Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #1

Fiamma Awning Group Buy Possible!

Hi All,
I've been a lurker here and finally have something that may be of interest to you. I've been wanting a Fiamma awning for awhile (actually emailed a couple on this forum but didn't get responses) and found a posting from a guy on the Seattle Craigslist that was going to do a group buy the other day. It turns out he's the same guy that did the group buy on here the last couple of times too, I think his username is hotrod460(?).
After I spoke with him through email, he told me he wasn't going to do the group buy anymore because the Fiamma prices were going up and he didn't want to deal with all the hassle of handling the money. Well, it turns out that he is going to do the group buy again but you must send payment to him through paypal (less hassle for him).
If anyone is interested, please send him an email for pricing because he plans on placing the order on Tuesday since they're closed for the holiday on Monday.
His name is Jeff and here's his email addy:

merchnw@comcast.net

Let him know I sent you his way. I'm sure the former group buyers can vouch that it's the same guy that did the group buy previously.

Cheers,
Salue

Salue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Re: Fiamma Awning Group Buy Possible!

You can get it from SMB west for $775.00 with the hard ware you need by your self. I dont know how much you are paying for the group buy. There are a couple of guys selling used one here.
Just FYI.

Ron
Old 02-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #3

Personally I wouldn't paypal a guy I don't know money, ESPECIALLY on Craigslist.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #4

For those interested, here is the link to his CL post:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1598273319.html

I'm actually getting the F35 Pro in the 8' length and am saving ~$200 on this group buy. His CL posting does list pricing for the F45, which is what I believe most people here are using.

As far as not paying to someone through Paypal, I agree, but I researched him a little. If you searched his username that I posted above on here you will see that he was the guy that did the group buy previously. Or, even if you search Fiamma group buy on here, you'll see the threads where other members on the forum here mention this is the guy they got their awning from too.

I'm not getting anything out of this; just wanted to pass on an opportunity to save some money if anyone was interested.

Cheers,
Salue
Salue is offline   Reply With Quote