Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Site Team

For Sale: '06 Ford power mirrors, with convex section - SOLD

FOR SALE

Driver's and passenger side factory Ford power mirrors. These mirrors include the non-power convex mirror on the bottom portion of the mirror assembly. This portion must be manually positioned. A picture of the 3 wire power connector is included below (well, a very out of focus picture).

I removed these mirrors myself when I upgraded to the Ford tow mirrors. These mirrors are in good condition, both the housing and the glass.

ASKING $60 for the pair.
- Would prefer not to ship, as I haven't had the best luck in getting mirrors shipped to me. If I have to ship, that would be at your expense/risk.
- Would prefer not to split the pair, at least at this time.

Additional pics available on request.

Herb

Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #2

Herb - I will take them, but I would need them to be shipped to San Diego. Sorry about that. However, if you can find someone to pick them up, then please take that offer instead since I know it would be much easier for you. I'm hoping they will fit a 2007 SMB. If not, it would still be worth a shot as I've always wanted that style mirror.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #3

Herb,

You should be able to ship them safely. Tape a heavy piece of corrugated onto the mirror faces, then place them mirror to mirror and bind them in that position. Then put them in a box with packing material - InstaPak is best, expanding foam very similar, bubble pak next, crumpled paper next, followed by peanuts last. Allow a couple of inches all around for a crush zone and pack it tight, never loose.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea
Herb - I will take them, but I would need them to be shipped to San Diego. Sorry about that. However, if you can find someone to pick them up, then please take that offer instead since I know it would be much easier for you. I'm hoping they will fit a 2007 SMB. If not, it would still be worth a shot as I've always wanted that style mirror.
There shouldn't be a problem with them fitting an '07. I'm almost positive it was in 08 that the doors changed, so just about anything before that should work. I found some "instructions" online somewhere how to change the mirrors. I'll see if I can't find them and send them to you. Wasn't hard, just a number of clips and interior door panels to remove. That's how I discovered I had sound insulation in the door panels!

PM me your name and address, and I'll get them packed up and shipped as soon as possible.

Herb
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #5

Thanks Herb, I just sent you a PM. It looks like JageList is working out really well for you . Is it fall cleaning time?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea
Thanks Herb, I just sent you a PM. It looks like JageList is working out really well for you . Is it fall cleaning time?
Yeah, cleaning out the closet figuratively, as well as literally. If all goes as planned, we'll be moving to the east coast sometime in the next few months. So...lots to do to get the house ready, and to clear out stuff that's been sitting on the shelves in the garage. Still need to find those Capatain's seat quick release brackets so I can sell of my extra Captain's seats.

Herb
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #7

Do your captain's chair bracket come off the floor? SMB bolted the bracket for my removable chair solidly to the floor - it was a PIA to make it removable.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote