Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 04:18 PM   #1

For Sale: 2001 GMC Savana 3500 Quigley 4x4 - 130k miles

SOLD

Located: Larkspur California, 18 minutes North of San Francisco
Showing in Person and via video call.

This van is an original Quigley 4x4 Savana. The 4x4 works great, and the lift on this 4x4 van makes it great for getting to isolated camping locations, off road spots, and preforms amazingly in the snow.

This is a cargo van, and there are only the 2 front seats inside. The back of the van is ready to be used as a toy hauler for dirt bikes, mountain bikes, kayaks etc or to be setup as a camper.

The van is insulated which makes it great to sleep inside.

The Cons:
- The AC doesn't work right now, as their is a hole in the hose that carries the air from the front to the back of the van. I believe the AC unit itself is fine, but the original owner installed a heater in the rear of the van and when they screwed it in, they poked a hole in the plastic hosing the cold air travels through. This should be a relatively easy fix.
- Also their is squeaking coming from the front left front Shackle. This was identified by my mechanic. The shackle and bushing can either be greased or replaced to stop this.
Part number E5TZ-5K316-A. Note this is a Ford part, but I got this from the Quigley 4x4 rep over the phone and even though its a GMC they used a Ford shackle
- Needs front brake pads
- Transfer case is weeping a little bit of fluid.
- Cosmetically the body of the van is poor. There is a dent on one of the sides as shown in the picture. And there are two cracks in the body on the backend.
There are scratches from bushes on the body and in there is a vague outline of the previous owner's logo that can be seen in the right light. All somewhat expected from an adventure van, but nothing that would jeopardize the integrity of the frame or insulation.
The roof rack is suffering from rust and could be removed, replaced, repainted. The rack is clamped onto the gutters and there are no holes in the roof. The body however has no signs of rust and the vehicle has kept a clean California title since it was manufactured.
One of the windows on the back doors as a lose window latch that should be re-glued or replaced.

I have the Carfax available upon request, and shows me as the 4th owner, and tons of service records.

Miles: 128k
Engine: 5.7 Liter V8
Lift (from Quigley): 3 inch suspension lift.
Hitch Size: 2x2

Dimensions: 8 ft tall (with rack), 6'10'' tall without rack, 6'1'' wide

Why I am selling:
I've owned this van for ~2 years. This is the fourth van I have owned and am really sad to let this go, but for job/financial reasons I need to let go.

steveca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3500, 4x4, gmc, quigley, savana