Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #11

QUOTE=carringb;303514]Buckstop bumpers are rated for 20k towing, 6k hitch weight.

E350s with the v10 and 4.10 gears are rated for 18,500 pounds combined. I’m not sure if Annie’s van has been re-geared, but the Dana 60 tops out out at 20k combined.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info Carringb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedaleH View Post
Thanks. I need a tow vehicle for my 9k lb boat. My 1999 Ram diesel 4x4 strains too much on steep hills.
Joedale sorry for delay, had a training today and a death in good friends family yesterday so I am behind on notifications.

Did CarringB provide what you needed?
As far as if my van has been regeared, I cannot answer that but I did not. Engine definitely likes being run fully loaded but I do not tow

I would need to verify any further specs- will see what I can find out

Annie O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
Hi Annie -- how has your BuckStop tire swing and storage box worked out for you ? That is - quality - price - where are they built ?
GLWTS !

Hello- I love the swing arms, tire carrier They are darn solid. I do keep them well greased for operation.

The box has a flaw in that water seeps in then sloshes around in an inch+ deep bottom. I have not tried to seal it. It is dustproof tho- if that makes sense, driving dusty gravel and things in the box stay clean.

I do like that ithe box is visible in the rear window and serves as my passive park-assist.

The lock broke after a few months and my small-town locksmith worked with Buckstop to core it out and replace.

And oh my I just looked at their webpage and see Buckstop's pricing has increased exponentially!
Old 10-27-2021, 06:34 PM   #13

Hi Annie,

I sent you a text regarding whether or not you'd be willing to sell the OEM bucket seats separately.
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
That is - quality - price - where are they built ?

GLWTS !
They are made in Prineville Oregon.
carringb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4wd, 4x4, e350, for sale, van