Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 02:08 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

For Sale: 2017 136” with Electric SMB popto

So, this is apparently the first/only ProMaster to have a SMB Electric top (with the loft bed). It’s beautiful, but as many of you know, I have had an extremely difficult time with SMBW, which is who installed the top. We have been treated so badly by them, and want to just get them out of our lives. That is why we are selling it. There is NOTHING wrong with the van itself, our buildout, or the electric top. The issues we did have with the electric top have now all been fixed (on my dime/time, even though it is under warranty). *SMBW has extended their warranty to the second owner, which is awesome. We love the van, but don’t want to ever deal with SMBW ever again, so we are selling it.

-It’s white, windowless (until you put the top up), has 25,000 miles on it.
-SMB electric penthouse top was installed October 2017. (4 years left on the warranty).
-It’s a 2017 with the backup camera and Park Sense.
-The chassis still has the remainder of the bumper to bumper warranty as well as the remainder of the powertrain warranty.
-The van comes with a gorgeous self-build interior made with 70% reclaimed wood.
-There are 3, 100W flexible solar panels on the roof; 3, 120ah deep cycle AGM batteries; and a Windy Nation solar controller. The van hooks up to shore power via 120V plug wired through 3 separate breakers. There are 5 110V outlets, 2 12V outlets, and is already wired for an inverter.
-It has a full shower stall (32”x24);
-Small couch for 2;
-An 8000btu air conditioner unit is cleverly hidden in a closet and vented out the side behind the driver’s door. The vent cover for the air conditioner looks great and is bug-screened and won’t allow for water to get in.
-I’ve done all the oil changes myself with fully synthetic oil every 5000+ miles. I took excellent care of it (I thought we’d be keeping this van forever).
-It has a top-loading fridge/freezer (96 qts) built into the kitchen counter. It automatically switches from DC to AC as soon as you plug the van in to shore power.
-The kitchen has a hand pump faucet.
-There’s tons of storage- inside and garage storage in the back.
-The chassis battery is prewired for 12V accessories or an inverter.
-There is still some customization opportunities (meaning mostly bare walls).

There is so much more... Please ask about anything I may have missed, because I’m sure I did, lol.

This is an honest sale... the ONLY reasons we are selling it is because we #Hate SMBW and because I can’t stand up in it, which I have come to find annoying. The van cost $32,000, the top was a tad more than $10,500, and the entire build/appliances was $12,000. That’s $54,500. We looked around and found the prices of similar vans (year, mileage, build, *WITHOUT* an electric SMB top/loft bed), to be about $50,000+. So we’re asking $45,000.

The damn thing is beautiful and everything works perfectly, and it’s clean. And we are pissed to be selling it on principle, but we have no choice. SMBW has been horrible to us, and it just got too ridiculous for us to deal with them anymore. But getting Peter DelToro to agree to forward the remaining 4 years of the penthouse top warranty to whomever buys it, is a win for me, the seller and for whomever buys it (SMB’s warranty is only valid for the first owner, which I personally think sucks, but....) I have the forwarded warranty document to give to the new owner. I think this is a great chance for someone to own an almost-new Sportsmobile on the cheap.

Please get in touch if your intererested.

VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:04 AM   #2

Sorry you have to sell under the circumstances you are. Lots of pics would help as well as location.
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish41 View Post
Sorry you have to sell under the circumstances you are. Lots of pics would help as well as location.
I can’t figure out how to add pictures... and I’m not really that stupid, lol.
The van is in Livermore, California... Northern California.

There are lots of pictures on my Instagram... “VocalVirgo”, until I can figure out how to add pictures to this post...
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote