Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #1

Free Shipping from Ford

Anybody needing factory parts, Ford is offering free shipping from their website:

https://parts.ford.com/en.html

This may help with finding that one obscure part that is only available from ford. I'm sure there are limits that apply. You do have to pick a decent dealership as the pricing on this site is dealership specific. My local will charge MSRP, but if you select one of the few usual online discounted dealerships, their pricing will be competitive with ebay pricing.

Hope this helps someone complete their project during this recent down period.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Great info, thank you.

Herb
Old 05-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #3

Probably user-error, wasn't able to find the power seat bases on the website... Although I'm sure Ford would probably want $500+ for just the seat base itself and associated switches/connectors.

Still think the best option is finding a rolled lariat and just making custom adapters... At least that way you get driver/passenger power seats and heated seats...

Good information to know though... I might need to think about the other parts I might want.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:16 PM   #4

Offroading_is_Fun, his is what I found:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/bo...ack-12590705-1
Not sure if they will sell the motorized seat base as a complete assembly.

Just as an example of the pricing:

Local SF, CA dealer: $1030 (MSRP)
Sunrise Ford in CA: $773

Of course this is before adding in the cost of the actual base, switch, trim and whatever else is unique to that base. When I converted to power driver's seat, I used car-part.com to locate a used power seat in a LKQ yard in Las Vegas. I had them pull all 4 Chateau package front seats and some random parts for something like $400, delivered to their warehouse closest to me. I think the driver's was something like $150 of that. Have not seen a power passenger seat in a long time. I'm pretty sure I saw 1 in a local yard, but it was in very rough shape.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar308 View Post
Offroading_is_Fun, his is what I found:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/bo...ack-12590705-1
Not sure if they will sell the motorized seat base as a complete assembly.

Just as an example of the pricing:

Local SF, CA dealer: $1030 (MSRP)
Sunrise Ford in CA: $773

Of course this is before adding in the cost of the actual base, switch, trim and whatever else is unique to that base. When I converted to power driver's seat, I used car-part.com to locate a used power seat in a LKQ yard in Las Vegas. I had them pull all 4 Chateau package front seats and some random parts for something like $400, delivered to their warehouse closest to me. I think the driver's was something like $150 of that. Have not seen a power passenger seat in a long time. I'm pretty sure I saw 1 in a local yard, but it was in very rough shape.
I think you must have said something similar to me before (Remembering now that you've told me again), it must have slipped off my radar to keep looking.

I see (supposedly...) that there is one down in Bakersfield. Inquired but haven't yet gotten a response. $400 for 4 captains chairs even in "rough" condition would be a steal for what some of the local part-outs I've talked to want.

Had no clue that E-series ever had electric passenger seats, I feel as if i've only ever seen power drivers seats. They aren't heated though, if I remember right... Which is why I had been thinking so much about custom adapters for Lariat seats (Common-ish to find, the right color, driver+passenger power/heated). Not entirely sure on overall dimensions and the electrical connections, but that shouldn't be a big hurdle.

Thanks for reminding me! I'll have to do better about keeping my eyes open for when the right parts come by.
Erik