Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #1

FS: 2002 Sportsmobile EB 4x4 Diesel

The rig:’02 Sportsmobile 4x4 w/Voyager roof, Powerstroke 7.3 turbodiesel. 61k miles. Runs great and everything works. Had recent Amsoil oil change, antifreeze change, new fuel and air filters and serpentine belt. Sports super high quality front and rear Aluminess bumpers with swing out tire carrier and huge “Generator” box for storage. Includes HO back-up lights, front off-road lights and HD pull hooks front and rear.

It has nearly new E rated Goodyear LT305/70/16 MTR Kevlar off-road tires mounted on American racing 16x8 Teflon coated wheels, Bilstein 5100 series shocks and awesome Deaver rear springs. Rides much better than stock and is a Cadillac off road with the tires aired down. Speaking of airing down, I’ve installed an on-board compressed air system utilizing a large electric pump that keeps a 5 gallon tank automatically filled to 145psi. Makes airing up tires a very quick and painless job. Also includes a high quality air chuck w/integral gauge, 30’ of air hose and excellent Staun tire deflaters. The on-board air system also has an 85 psi regulated circuit I use to run the ARB rear air-locking differential—an absolute must for off-roading. I’ve included the wiring for a front locker for easy future installation.

The camper: EB length van with Voyager roof is very comfortable, has adequate headroom for me (I’m 6’2), and is much warmer than a tent style pop-top. This was a custom rig built by Sportsmobile for its original owner so there’s no layout number. It has a huge queen sized bed with tons of storage underneath and in two large drawers that pull out and front and rear cabinets overhead. Very comfortable sleeping. I’ve modified the stock fridge cabinet to install a super quiet and efficient Vitrifrigo stainless steel drawer fridge and high quality stainless cook top. No more Norcold noise! It also has a 12k BTU propane furnace, pure sine inverter for electronics, converter for 110v shore power/battery charging and a Xantrex monitor to, well, monitor it all. Also has terrific 10’ crank-out Fiamma awning.

Electronics: In-dash DVD player with fold-out screen, Ipod compatibility and back-up camera. I replaced the stock speakers with Polk units that sound great. Also has a Scangauge II engine monitor, EGT gauge and 15” LCD TV with integral DVD player for the camper.

Ready for adventure! $38,500

Please see all the images in my gallery.
P-Mail me for more information.

Tom Sinclair
Preston, ID

Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #2

Re: FS: 2002 Sportsmobile EB 4x4 Diesel

Wow! That is a great van. If hadn't just bought mine I would be your buyer. You should have no problem selling. Where did you get that fridge?
kre7277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #3

Thanks. I found the fridge on Ebay.

Tom
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Site Team

Sorry to see you're selling.

You have a well equipped rig, and the rare, but VERY desireable, SMB 4x4 with the 7.3L turbodiesel.

Good luck with the sale. I can't imagine it won't sell soon.

Herb
Old 07-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #5

PM sent
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #6

SOLD

Sold to forum member jackcheese. Hope to begin building my super custom '08 "Green-Mobile" soon!

Ciao
Tom
Old 07-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #7

Congradulation on your sale! And to the buyer. You got a great deal! I have a voyager also and I would have paid full price for that van if I hadn't just bought mine.
kre7277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #8

Congrats to both buyer and seller. With that engine and that roof I was drooling.
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #9

Just arrived home with the new rig. Enjoyed a drive up through the Sawtooths and some mountain biking in Sun Valley on the way. Love the 7.3 up in the hills - I didn't realize I was at 7,200' until I saw the sign.

It was good to meet you, Tom. Thanks for the rig. When you get your next one built, let me know if you need a reference.

Looking forward to many fun adventures.

Jack
Old 07-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcheese
Love the 7.3 up in the hills - I didn't realize I was at 7,200' until I saw the sign.

Jack
Gotta love a turbodiesel! Congrats on the purchase. Looks like a sweet rig at a sweet price.

Herb