Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #11

Thank you. Yes, 3.73 is the gear ratio in your van's rear differential.

Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #12

75” wide bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Intially I was questioning the 75" dimension until I remembered we had a rear dinette SMB just like the seller has. I went back to my for sale post. He is correct regarding the 75" dimension.

SMB cuts out the inner wall metal and creates pockets that provide for 72" to 75" width across the back of the van.

Picture of the rear bed (from our rig, not the for sale rig)
Attachment 40727
Thank you for the clarification 1der! My Sportsmobile is in Santee, CA waiting for the Agile RIP mod so I can’t measure...if that’s true it will be huge in the planning of the lower bed! I thought I might have to start cutting cabinets for a longitudinal versus transverse) orientation or sleep diagonally or “upstairs” as I am 6’.

I have the rear dinette/bed setup. When I purchased the van it involved travel so I had the seller measure lengthwise but not widthwise and as I assumed it was too narrow widthwise hence the introduction of Flarespace. I went back and looked at the original Sportsmobile build drawing and it indeed shows 75”.

Hope this helps someone looking at vans. My advice is bring a tape and measure for yourself. Either way for me it wasn’t a dealbreaker because I plan on doing an interior remodel but this would drastically simplify the scope of work.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #13

Remember that 75" works unless you are a stomach sleeper. I had a van with a transverse dinette/bed and couldn't sleep comfortable on my stomach at 5'10" because there was nowhere for my pointed toes to go. If you're alone or a side/back sleeper, you will be good to go!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:32 AM   #14

Nice job on your upgrade

That is very nice and I would like to talk further.
Yardman102@gmail.com at your convenience.
Doslooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #15

Greetings RemingtonM -- NICE looking van ! May I ask where you got the blue water cans under the sink - and the quick-connect fittings for jugs to water pump ?

Couldn't open your photos thru the SMB Forum ? - only thru your link to photos ??
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
Greetings RemingtonM -- NICE looking van ! May I ask where you got the blue water cans under the sink - and the quick-connect fittings for jugs to water pump ?

Couldn't open your photos thru the SMB Forum ? - only thru your link to photos ??
Thank you! The water jugs are made by Scepter, I purchased them here: https://lexingtoncontainercompanyson...-can-10l-blue/

And the quick connect fittings are actually garden hose quick connects. You can find some at Home Depot or Lowes, but I found that they weren't the highest quality and you could get better ones (all brass) on Amazon.
RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #17

And the van is now sold!

Thanks everyone it's been great being a part of this community. It sounds like the new owner will get a lot of great use out of it.
RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2wd, extended body, for sale, penthouse, sportsmobile