Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #1

FS: 2019 Chevy Express 2500 2.8L Duramax

We are looking to sell our 2019 Chevy Express 2500. Nothing wrong with the vehicle. We have just realized that this is not the best vehicle for us at this stage in life.

Van was ordered in March of 2019. Custom built based on our order and delivered direct from GM factory to Advanced 4x4 in Salt Lake City for conversion.

Advanced did the conversion, 3 inch lift, upgraded wheels and tires, and added Aluminess roof rack and ladder.

13,000 miles

Nothing has been done to the interior. It is a clean slate for someone to create whatever they want.

Van was built with every safety, comfort, and most cold weather features available from GM.

$69,000
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2141.jpg   IMG_2143.jpg   IMG_3220.jpg  

jfligor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #2

Wow. Yours is the first I’ve seen I the wild with that power train! Are you willing to give any reviews or thoughts on it?
Old 08-07-2020, 10:13 AM   #3

Great diesel

Sure thing. However, I am not someone who claims to know anything about engines. With that being said, the 2.8 duramax has been great. Plenty of power, torque, and it runs very smooth. We live at 6,000 feet and have some very cold days. While the van was mostly in the garage during the winter months there were also plenty of mornings is was not and no matter how cold it always started right up. We did not tow very often with it but we did on a few occasions. We have a towed our boat which is about 7,000 pounds. No problem at all, even up some steep hills.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #4

Interior Pics

Here are some pics of the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3222.jpg   IMG_3224.jpg   IMG_3226.jpg   IMG_3229.jpg   IMG_3227.jpg  

Old 08-07-2020, 03:52 PM   #5

Great looking rig and sweet set up! Folks will want some feedback on things like observed MPG, shocks, how it rides etc. I'd imagine you're going to be doing pretty well in those areas. To me this is a great alternative to a Sprinter. Similar power ratings with a true ladder frame set up and full GM service centers everywhere.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #6

Observations

Thanks. We think it looks pretty good too. Observations: We do mostly in town driving. We get about 16mpg when doing so. I don't have a good number on longer, open road, type trips. We haven't done many of those. The fleet manager who ordered for us (Michael Hohl Chevy, Carson City Nevada) said he sold several of these setups to a local company and they were reporting 24/25+mpg. He mentioned the owner of the company like them so much that he slowly started replacing all is old van's with the new 2.8L Duramax setup.

I don't know about shocks but I will look into it. We did the conversion at Advanced 4x4 in Salt Lake City. They were great and nothing they did voids and of GM's warranties. Here is some info on them as well as a list of things they do on GM van conversions.

GM 4x4 Van Conversion - Advanced 4X4 Vans

GM 9.25” IFS Front Differential 1
Heavy Duty 2 Speed HI-LO Transfer Case
Shift on the Fly 4×4 Front Engagement System
Spicer Front and Rear Drivelines
Heavy Duty GM Torsion Bar Front Suspension
In-dash 4X4 Indicator Light
Visor Mounted 4×4 Operation Placard
Maintains Factory GM Stabilitrak and ABS Systems
0 to 3 Inch Lift
Due to gear ratio incompatibilities, all 2008 and newer GM vans with the Duramax Diesel will require a rear gear ratio change to 3.73.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #7

Wish this was a cargo van. I'd buy it right now
Djp087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #8

Why is that? Is it because a cargo van is easier to customize? The three rows of seats come out very easily but then you are still left the interior siding and details that would need to be removed.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #9

It's harder to convert and causes additional costs.
Djp087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #10

I notice you are in Reno. I'm just up in Truckee. I might keep the van and slowly start adding things to it as my kids go off to college.
Do you do any work on vans and/or have you worked with some good people in the area that I could reach out to?