Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
FS: Dodge Mega Cab Folding Seats/ Gray

I've got a Dodge Mega Cab Rear folding seat that I was going to use for a project. I may go another route for my interior needs. They are the same type seats that Ray (My3kids) and Andrew used for their builds. I purchase it for $600 and had it professionally cleaned. It's in the storage, so I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

Here is a link to a great write up by my3kids:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...megacAb#p96904

.... Photo Credit to Ray (my3kids)

Price:$ 375.00
Located: Long Beach, Ca 90808

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #2

Re: FS: Dodge Mega Cab Folding Seats/ Gray

Still got it... Took it out the storage this weekend... How about $200.... Trying to make some space here are actual pics.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Dia

Still got it? Any thoughts on whether this could be safely installed in a Chevy Express van?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #4

Dia,

I married the Dodge seat onto my Ford using the existing threaded holes on the van floor. Without looking at your Chevy I would imagine something similar can be done to marry the Dodge seat onto your Chevy van. Perhaps easier if you can use existing threaded holes but worse case you can drill new holes. If you do don't forget to use big heavy washers. For fasteners I used quality pieces from MrMetric and not the junk from HomeDepot.

So far my setup has been great. No surprises and my 3 kids sit comfortably and safely. Ocassionally I've had to carry big and long items .. I just fold down the bench to accommodate the items. While my setup is not permanent it is a giant pain to remove .. the darn thing weighs a lot. Easier with 2 people, somewhat difficult by yourself.

Hope this helps™,
Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Dia

Thanks, Ray!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #6

Still available... I'm quite sure FamVans here in sunny SoCal (Costa Mesa) can install any seats in cargo or passenger vans. Let me know if you're interested.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Dia

Sending PM
Old 11-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
Still got it? Any thoughts on whether this could be safely installed in a Chevy Express van?
Hi, I've just install Sprinter Van Seats in my Express AWD 2010. It was not easy but with time you can make it. You will have to remove your gaz tank. This is the worst part of the job. You need 3/8 shim to go in the chanel of your floor. You take the biggest bolt that fit in your seat bracket. Under the floor, I put 3/8 steel plate maybe 5x5 inches with the hole in the middle. You tight everything together and your seat will never move from there. It took me about 4 hours to make it. Never take a chance when your kids sits there!!!
JetUnit is offline   Reply With Quote