Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2022, 11:14 AM   #1

FS/FT/NJ: E350 RB Quadvan 4x4

Hello,
I purchased this van back in Summer. We flew out and drove it home from WA to NJ in August... I spent about a year looking for the right van: Gas engine, 4x4, actual seating for four. I'm listing it now for two reasons, most importantly because my wife won't drive it ("I hate vans") and secondly because I've accepted another work assignment that means I'll be postponing retirement for yet another year. The compromise we've reached is that we've agreed to get a full-size pickup as our adventure / weekend warrior rig.

Original Listings:

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...n-sold.233252/

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...van-30421.html

Features of the build:

-Quadvan 4x4 conversion based on F350
-Dual Bilstein shocks
-Front ARB Locker
-Rear Sterling 10.5” (F350) axle
-Dual steering stabilizer
-Updated to the later F450 brakes

Replaced engine and transmission (swap also done by Quadvan)

-5.4l and 4R75E Engine/Transmission from a 2013 E350 with about 26k miles. The van body has just under 222K miles with the replacement engine being installed just a few thousand miles ago.

Exterior upgrades:

-Quadvan front brush-guard with in bumper winch (Warn M12)
-Quadvan rear in-floor storage box
-Aluminess rear bumper with swing aways and box
-Aluminess side steps/nerf bars
-46 gallon Transfer Flow fuel tank On-Board air system for locker, tires, etc Aluminum storage boxes on roof
-Fuel can storage system on roof Auxiliary lights....

Interior upgrades:

-Quad captains chairs (rear removable) Rear bunk system
-Rear storage cabinet
-Flooring with L-Track
-Webasto furnace plumbed into fuel tank
-Dual batteries with National Luna charge system Inverter
-Charger
-ARB refrigerator
-Kenwood indash stereo with CarPlay option
-Security system
-New house battery

I've addressed the following maintenance issues since driving the van home:

The following parts were replaced or serviced:

Inoperative fuel gauge: Dropped fuel tank, found fuel pump spot welds had broken and sender was lying in the bottom of the tank. Replaced fuel pump assembly

AC not working: Recharged and serviced.

Rear brakes seized: both rear calipers replaced.

Front and rear brake lines replaced.

Front blower motor fan cage broken: replaced blower motor.

Rear on-board air conditioning inop (leak in rear line): Lines replaced and system now works.

On board air compressor inop: wiring replaced, system no works.

Keyless entry inop: all wiring replaced and system now works.

Full fluid service to include differentials (flushed and cleaned) all greasable parts greased.

Full set of brand new Overland Adventure Gear insulated window covers ($1400'ish)

As you can see, nothing earth shattering or unexpected for an 18-year-old van. As you'll see in the original listing, the motor is a low mileage replacement from a 2013 van, and it ran flawlessly all the way home. I have a feeling that if the AC had worked and the suspension hadn't been so worn out, my Mrs. wouldn't be digging her heels in over driving it, but such is life. I'm listing this and my Raptor at the same time (I need a longer bed). If the Raptor sells first, I'm going to try and keep the van a little longer and try to get my wife to fall in love with it. That said, it's for sale or trade right now.

Sale price: $42000. As mentioned above, I'm looking for full sized pickup (or mid-sized with a 6ft+ bed). I've a soft spot for OBS Fords... but that probably wouldn't be the most practical of trades. I also like adventure bikes, mountain bikes, rifles and Swiss watches (worth mentioning). Please note that the roof-rack is no longer on the van. My long-term plan, as mentioned, was a high roof. The short term plan was to put some Frontrunner cross bars and a nice clamshell RTT up top. It seats four adults safely and comfortably and that would make it a four sleeper.

The pictures are from our drive back east. Please use the links above for a better visual account of the van and thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
van4.jpg   van3.jpg   van1.jpg  

al415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:31 PM   #2

Bumping as I’ve installed new springs and bushings and will be driving down to Florida for a late winter break. If anyone is sitting on a reliable pickup truck, I’d prefer a trade to a sale.
Attached Thumbnails
DC81EE66-53CF-4823-9D7E-1DC2790FDF7A.jpeg  
Old 03-09-2023, 06:17 AM   #3

New coils and leaves, new bushings, rebuilt shocks... and a laundry list of other new parts and components bump:
Attached Thumbnails
van new.jpg  
Old 03-09-2023, 02:36 PM   #4
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Looks like you put a lot into expecting to use/keep it and I am sure that will help your buyer feel good about things...great looking rig, should go fast! Good luck! I might suggest looking into "Bring a trailer.com" if you want to explore an online (very reputable) bidding site....again, good luck!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 02:39 PM   #5

Yeah I figure I'll just keep improving it until I sell or trade it. The upside is that I get to keep enjoying it in the meantime. My listing here (and on expo) is a bit of a hodgepodge of the old listing / pics and my own. I need to just take some new pictures and post a more concise listing. Thank you for your input.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:07 PM   #6

Interest party for potential trade or sale

Good evening,

I'm helping a friend who is a bit overloaded right now and located in Arlington with family in the greater Miami area.

He has a family with two kiddos and the quad captain configuration is helpful.

Are you still asking 42,000 after the suspension replacements?

Also curious if you have the rack available?

In the table for a potential trade is a 2017 GMC SLT ZR1 Crew Cab with 78K and topper. Tan leather with heated and ventilated seats.

Thanks,

Matt
303-246-6842
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6798.jpg   IMG_3428.jpg   IMG_3427.jpg  
plushride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 09:50 AM   #7

Hi,
Yes still selling for $42k. I’ll take a bit of a bath but I figure I’m selling it the way I’d want to receive it and the way I expected it to be when I bought it. The rack is off to a new home and I intend to add a set of cross bars for a RTT if I still have the van by summer. I’ll shoot you a text about the GMC.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:48 AM   #8

Some details / features of this van:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7549.jpeg   IMG_7589.jpeg   IMG_7576.jpeg   IMG_7575.jpeg  
Old 03-30-2023, 06:56 AM   #9

More pictures; insulated window covers and shelves.

Thanks to @Twoxentrix for the picture editing tip.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7567.jpeg   van bunk half.jpg   van side curtain.jpg   van back curtain.jpg  
Old 05-15-2023, 11:36 AM   #10

Bumping this... had a deposit for a while but the buyer's own sale fell through. It's a really well sorted and reliable van.