Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #1

SOLD Pleasure-Way Traverse 2002 69k $19,500 Phila Area

Selling my 2002 E250 RB Pleasure-Way Traverse pop-top van. 69,000 miles. Located in the Philadelphia area. Similar to a SMB RB50 layout. Almost identical to a GTRV "Westy" van. Made in Canada, with high build quality.

Price: $19,500 firm for quick and fair sale. This is about $10,000 less than similar Traverses (some with more miles) have sold for recently. I greatly prefer an in-person sale so the new owner can be satisfied with what he or she is getting. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this across the country tomorrow, and it's ready to use and camp in right now.

Very nice-looking van in a gold/tan color, with no exterior graphics or badging other than OEM Ford stuff. With the super-low profile PW pop-top, this van is ultra stealth and looks like a regular conversion van. I even have it registered and titled as a passenger vehicle (station wagon) so you can drive or park it anywhere a regular car is allowed to go (i.e., no "motor home" plates).

As many of you know, I also have owned a Sportsmobile for many years (and still do). I bought this Traverse van earlier this year locally to see whether we preferred the smaller RB "50" layout or our existing EB SMB. I personally prefer this layout and the shorter van, but my wife likes our SMB layout better. So, that's that.

Details:
-2002 E250 PW Traverse
-Low miles: 69,000 miles
-5.4l gas engine
-3.73 rear axle (I do not think it's a LSD, but am not 100% certain)
- OEM Ford Alcoa wheels with nice Bridgestone Dueler AT tires, upgraded to 245/16 over the original 225/16 wheels that were on it when I bought it.
-Previous owner bought it in 2003 with 3,000 miles on it, so was basically the original owner (but technically the second). I'm the third owner.
- I added a set of the coveted rear-door pop-out windows, in matching OEM tint no less!
-Van appears to have been well maintained based on the repair history I was given. Fairly recent brakes and rotors all around, front end maintenance (new ball joints driver’s side, tie rods, etc.), and more. When I bought it I had it safety and emissions inspected in PA and it passed with no issues, except for needing the passenger side ball joints (which I had them do). PA has a pretty strict yearly mechanical and emissions inspection.
-Interior in overall pretty good condition. Nothing broken or missing and everything works as far as I know.
-All standard PW Traverse features (unlike SMB, the Traverse was a set model without really any options)
- Big bed downstairs
- Hot water heater, works on both 12v and 110v
- Propane stove
- Suburban ducted propane heater
- Microwave (works when on shore power only)
- Remote starter and remote locking fobs
- Space for two coach batteries, although only one is currently installed
- Converter/charger (no inverter) for batteries and DC
- Kenwood Exelon double-DIN stereo with navigation and SiriusXM capability. Back-up camera capable, although one is not installed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1890.jpg   IMG_1893.jpg   IMG_1892.jpg   IMG_1876.jpg   IMG_1922.jpg  

IMG_1895.jpg   IMG_1917.jpg  

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #2

Looks nice. Good luck with the sale! I have seen 2 of these in person and the cabinetry is very nice.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #3

This is a great rig at a great price, very similar to a GTRV. Lose the running boards, add Bushwackers and a mild lift kit, and it would really update the look and functionality. Couldn't ask for a better first camper van.

And yes, Pleasure Way used laminated plywood cabinetry like a GTRV which is lighter and much more durable than the Sportsmobile laminated pressed cardboard.
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:53 AM   #4

Thanks @poptopper! Yes, the build quality on the Traverse is overall a bit better than SMB IMO. I think part of it is because PW only made one floor plan with basically no options, likely allowing things to be more “productionized” and tolerances tighter, etc.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #5

To @poptopper's point, here are a few photos of my van without the running boards. Also, a photo of a similar van lifted without the running boards (I think maybe someone from the forum? I forget, I saved it a while ago for inspiration).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0715.jpg   IMG_0716.jpg   traverse1.jpg  
Old 08-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #6

THIS IS ONE HELL OF A BUY! I would jump on this if anyone wants to buy my 7.3 E350 4x4! Permitted there is no rust at all!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #7

Update: frame scaling has been addressed and cleaned up, and painted with a chassis black rust-preventative paint (NOT just covered up with gunky undercoating). Looks good! I’m out of town for a week but will get some pics when I get home.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #8

Is this still available?
tmoraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoraine View Post
Is this still available?

Hi - Yes! Private message me if you want info.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #10

FS: Pleasure-Way Traverse 2002 69k $19,500 Phila Area

SOLD locally to a happy new owner