Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

GROUP BUY - Fiamma Awnings F45s and F65s

There seems to be some interest in having another Awning Group Buy. I am happy to do another one, or just order single units for anyone who wants one right away. Here is what we have to work with:

Awmings - Fiamma

Econoline Vans -
The F45s 10 ft awning works really well on the Econoline vans, either RB or EB. They extend up to 8 feet. If you have a Econoline based Pop Top - I have brackets (Z-Brackets - sold separately $196/set) available to mount this 10 ft awning to the gutter and no holes need to be drilled into the van. If you have a fixed top - the awning can be mounted to the side of the top. You can use the mounting hardware that comes with the awning, but you will have to make up wedge shaped blocks to even out the curvature and slant of the side of the top. Other lengths are available - 11.5 ft and 13 ft. but note the Z Brackets will not work with these lengths unless you bolt the brackets onto the van body by drilling and using backing plates.

Chevy/GMC/Dodge - F45s 10ft awning works great with these vans. The gutters on these vans are not compatible with the Z Brackets. A bracket would likely have to bolted onto the van body and roof which will require drilling through the van body and using backing plates inside.

Sprinter Vans 2007+ - Sprinters typically use the Fiamma F65s model mounted to the roof. It has a curved case that conforms to the roof lines of the Sprinter The F45s model can be used if mounted to the side of a rack. The F65 s awnings come in 10ft, 11.5 ft and 13 ft lengths.

Stock vans with roof racks or load bars - The F45s mounts to these with minimal bracket modifications or brackets that are available from Fiamma. Note: the Z brackets will not work well on a stock Econoline van with load bars.

Awning Costs
Fiamma 10 ft F45s - $875 plus shipping
Fiamma 11.5 Ft F45s - $925 plus shipping
Fiamma 13 ft F45s - $985 plus shipping

Fiamma 10.5 ft F65s - $945 plus shipping
Fiamma 12 Ft F65s - $1025 plus shipping
Fiamma 13 ft F65s - $1135 plus shipping

All other Fiamma Awnings - I will quote price upon request.

Shipping - This is where the Group Buy creates the most potential benefits. Why? The cost to ship ONE unit to a single commercial address is anywhere from $150 to $240 depending on what part of the country you are in. The cost to ship any additional units (model does not matter) along with that first unit to that same commercial address is $30 each. So, instead of one unit costing $240 to Washington State, four units shipped together will cost $83 each ( ($240+$90)/4 ). A big savings.

So, to make this work for everyone here (and the way it worked in the past) is to have a single convenient point of delivery in a city (eg SLC, or LA, or PHX, or PDX, etc) and have many units shipped to a location.

There is no savings to be had by my ordering one unit or 100 units, the awing price is the same. The savings is in consolidating the shipping.

Each delivery address can be shipped at different times. So, if we get four people in one area and they say "Ship!". I will place the order for the location and can still be waiting on the order for another area.

Let me know what you want and where you are located. We can see if we can make this a go for this Spring. I would estimate deliveries would take place around the middle of May. That gives us about five to six weeks to round up the people so I can place the orders. Post any questions here so we can all read the questions and answers.

Payment will be via PayPal - Friends and Family.

Thxs! Ray

Old 03-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #2

I'm in for a 10ft. Southern California.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #3

I'm also in for a 10ft to SoCal.
John S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #4

I'm in for a 10 ft F45 in SLC
titobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #5

Anyone in the Mid-Atlantic region interested? Unless I'm mistaken, we need to get around 4 people in a given area to save on shipping?

Interested in a F45 10ft.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #6

I'm in for a 10 ft - Phoenix AZ (Tuscon/Flagstaff also work)
neils_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:43 AM   #7

Glad to see interest in this!! Check with and let people know on other van/camping venues you hang out on. They are welcome to join in, too, which helps out everyone.

Re: needing four - shipping to the mid Atlantic is around $170 for the first and $30 for each additional. The biggest savings is in getting at least two. $170 for one drops to $100 ea for two. Three comes in at just under $80 ea, and four is about $65 each.

Thxs!
Old 03-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #8

Garage
Seriously interested in a 10' with Z-brackets. I have been following this group order for about a year and haven't seen any interest in the Boise, ID area or better yet - McCall, ID...
Steve C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #9

Soloalpinist is in

Gday 1der,

Like my bumper you provided. I'm in for the 10ft plus your brackets.
soloalpinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:35 AM   #10

Looks like one for Van Diesel in Ft Worth / Dallas. He sent me a PM.