Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #1

Group Buy: Tufport Fiberglass Van High Roof

Good morning!

If you're in the Southern California area, and you've been shopping for a high roof, then this is for you.

I had a spot in line at the local LA fiberglass high roof manufacture, but I couldn't bring myself to pay 6800$+ for a new roof.

Enter TufPort. The Canadian manufactures have a great product, which looks great and is much much more reasonably priced. However, their location north of the border (distance / covid travel restrictions) make them untenable for most people. Same with shipping. So here's a group buy for you.

I'm trying to organize a 4 + person group buy for a high roof order. They will then ship to Carlsbad CA, 92008 (Or somewhere else in SoCal more convenient to majority players). By ordering multiple we can stack the tops on top of each other in the crate, and dollar cost average the shipping.

The tops cost approximately $3600 Canadian, and about $2300 Canadian to ship. If we get 4 orders they can stack the tops like nesting dolls, and we'd split the shipping costs 4 ways. The goal is about $3800 USD each / per brand new top.

Lead time is 6-8 weeks. Prices will vary slightly depending on exact shipping quote, options ordered (wood reinforcing, etc) crating costs for the quantity, etc.

Obviously this is a "install it yourself" project.

So far I have myself, plus 1 other so looking for a minimum of 2 more to join our order.

Take a look and let me know if you're interested in joining!

https://vantops.tufport.com/

Michael_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:51 PM   #2

No one from the Bay Area to San Diego needs a high roof for 30% less than Fiberine? Order is going in on Friday and currently shipping to Stockton, Ca. Get in now and save 2k on shipping!

When there was one offered for sale a few weeks ago a half dozen people jumped in to try and get it. Now that I'm offering you one at 30% off of the LA maker, no one is interested!?
Old 06-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #3

If I was ready to pull the trigger in going from pop-top to fixed I'd be all in as I want a Tufport top. I suspect I am years away from that project at the moment. Still want to keep the ability to stuff it into a shipping container whenever I restart my South America trip.

Thanks for offering such a great deal though!

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:03 AM   #4

I would jump, but I am in CO.
Adding the travel, added complexity of how to attach to get back to CO and do final install just tips in too much $ and risk.
MOTOMINDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:06 PM   #5

been boon docking just saw this post am in carlsbad 92008 tamarack and highland would like to see this roof raising affair if possible
moondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #6

I'm interested in the process --cutting roof --attach top-- etc --diy??paying someone to replace top?--we are on highland at chinquapin white with roof rack awning on both sides road shower solar black jackman rims i haul my 11ft crowd pleaser on the roof rack luv the idea of more headroom sports mobile wants 12 grand for pop top-- this ones sides and roof headliner are nicely done --belongs to wife she wants to remodel I'm looking at options
moondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:59 PM   #7

Just a question. If they are able to stack them the tops are not reverse flange then?

Do the come with the RV molding or are they 100% glued on the van?

Just curious I have installed 4 hightops 1 reverse flange and the rest were glued/screwed with RV channel molding to cover the screws
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
Just a question. If they are able to stack them the tops are not reverse flange then?

Do the come with the RV molding or are they 100% glued on the van?

Just curious I have installed 4 hightops 1 reverse flange and the rest were glued/screwed with RV channel molding to cover the screws

Great question - They are not a reverse flange design. They DO come with an "installation" kit. They are screwed / bolted and glued down. I believe they cover the bolts with a rubber molding, similar to original Finberine style of old.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #9

If anyone that has a POP Top is interested in swapping it out I would be interested in your pop top!!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #10

Greetings vanimal. I have a 98 RB and might consider a swap out. What’ s yours?
jk1007 is offline   Reply With Quote