Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #1

Help Me Buy A Sportsmobile!

Admin, if this is inappropriate, by all means delete at will. Folks, I need a Sportsmobile and I've got to sell just about all my vehicles to do it. So, I know you probably aren't interested in my 1985 Wolfsburg Ed. Westfalia Weekender with a Tiico conversion as you alrady have a Sportlmobile, but....its got to go $9999; '79 Beetle silver convertible (high book is $16,800) $6999 for a quick sale (I'd call it better than average as lots of upgrades); '78 Beetle white convertible (Champaign Ed.). Same high book, just want $4999 (wife's and non-restored but nearly all new high-end parts go with it to complete the resto); 1994 1-ton (3500) Chev Crew cab, LWB Silverado package, 4x4 very clean and low miles, new tires and has a tonneau cover $8,100. PM for details or check the Portland, OR Craigslist for them all. The more I sell, the less I have to finance for a used SMB. Again, admin, you're not going to hurt my feelings if you delete this if need be. Saw the Jeep ad below, so guessing its ok?? Thanks all.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #2

Here's your problem... 99% of your audience here already own a Sportsmobile or are trying to buy one themselves, ergo most don't have the funds for more vehicle purchases.

Since you're not abusing the albums to link to pictures elsewhere I got no problem with the ad here. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #3

Thanks Jage. However, you are wrong, My biggest problem is my wife's cat. It tells me to do things.....horrible, horrible things....

As far as the Westy. Yea, considering the audience, its probably a waste of pixels. Lots of interest in it and looks like it might be gone in a few days anywho. So, that's good (and sad as well).

Now the Bugs, that's possibly a different story. As a future SMB owner, I don't like the idea of driving a SMB everyday to work (fuel costs and wear and tear/adding clicks to the odometer, etc.). A Bug, is cheap to buy, cheap to operate, cheap to repair and kinda cool. Lots of folks smile and wave when I'm driving a Bug. Then, when I see a kid slug another kid in the arm while yelling "Slug Bug," well, that makes my day. Gonna keep whichever one doesn't sell to use as a commuter car.

Big pickup? Again, probably a waste of pixels considering the crowd. If I wasn't planning on a E350 SMB, then I'd need the pickup for hauling my buggy/bikes and wife's/kids' damn horses. A SMB should take care of the hauling need for me. Same general philosphy with the folks here, I'm guessing, but figured I'd through it out there anyway.

Thanks again Jage. Its a great site.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
Site Team

"Slug bug". That brings back memories.

Herb
Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_hauler
"Slug bug". That brings back memories.
Herb
Yeah, for me from yesterday when my wife hit me on the way to Sunflower market.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #6

Westy gone-- I'm one step closer to getting a SMB.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #7

Bug gone. I can almost taste a Sportsmobile its so close.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #8

Pulled the trigger this AM on a '03 7.3 EB50. Docs into my credit union. Wife didn't know I/we had a CD, so she didn't care that I tapped it (I know, strangest damn thing). If all works out, I should be rolling in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
Site Team

CONGRATS!!

Did you buy one of the used SMBs on the SMB website?

Herb
Old 02-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #10

Thanks!
That was the route I was going, but a different one came into my little world. Once I actually have it in my grubby little mits, I'll post all the details under the approriate forum. Had to do up my own NADA for my credit union to get the numbers to work out (not even close really, but close enough). Won't be long and I'll be posting tire questions, drop down LCD questions and the like.