Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2021, 11:52 AM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco150 View Post
It will probably be at least a few weeks until I get to it but I was able to snag several Rumpl blankets for $30 each and plan on making window coverings with them. I’ve been using one as a blanket, it’s super light weight seems to be wel insulating given how thin it is and compacts down really well.
Where did you get the Rumpl Blankets for $30? I've been looking at those, but $200 for a 2 person blanket seems a bit wild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba View Post
Good stuff Aarcaris. The Eurocamper set you mentioned is the same I just purchased at some other site. I was going to use them in a pinch, but more importantly probably use them as templates. The foil-like material is similar to reflectix, but a little thinner.
If they were cheaper, it'd be cool to take each window of them and cut into strips for our purposes, but at ~$300 for a full set, that seemed wasteful.

Will watch for Vanmadegear (keep us posted). The ability to store on the window is important to me.
Yeah that was my concerns about those window covers. I'll keep watching Vanmade gear's site and let everyone know when they pop up on there.

aarcaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #32

Add me to the list
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:00 PM   #33

[QUOTE=aarcaris;290999]Where did you get the Rumpl Blankets for $30? I've been looking at those, but $200 for a 2 person blanket seems a bit wild!

Sierra (if you’re not familiar with it, it’s owned by TJ Max I believe and is a outlet store for more outdoor orientated clothing and gear) they have a store location near me and they had the blankets on final clearance. They are the single person blankets 52” by 75” if I’m remembering correctly.
Wisco150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
$2300 for some window covers? I guess it's becoming Bendoverlanding?
That's pretty funny Scotty...
Stone Cite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:21 AM   #35

We're about two hours into it, not counting sourcing. So. Much. Work. Will keep you posted.
Attached Thumbnails
CropperCapture[521].jpg   CropperCapture[522].jpg   CropperCapture[523].jpg  
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:04 AM   #36

Add me to the list as well! Very interested in windshield, fronts, barns and others. Mine is a 15 pass but wouldn't need all the windows!

Excited to see it come together!
mothgils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:30 AM   #37

Interested in both rear doors, 60/40 doors, main doors and windshield.
04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #38

I would also be interested, we tried to make these as well based off of some of the posts you referenced. I actually think we did a decent job but it was so hard to make the first one I could never talk my wife into finishing the project haha... definitely more difficult to make then they look. Instead of reflectix for the center I think we found a different material that another supplier was using I'll have to look up what it was, I think reflectix really only works best when used as a barrier with an air gap?

RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #39

Garage
https://www.sailrite.com

However, if you have a link / suggestion to good looking subrella fabric, please let us know-- thx for the suggestion.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:41 AM   #40
Site Team

My Bronco soft top is made of Top Gun marine fabric. It has held up very well, has been color-fast, and may be another option to consider.

https://www.marlentextiles.com/top-gun.html

https://www.sailrite.com/Comparing-S...Marine-Fabrics

https://www.sailrite.com/search?keywords=top%20gun

Herb