Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 12:12 PM   #41

Interested depending on price

2Fass240us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #42

I am interested. I have a 15-passenger Quigley that is all windows...
AdventureRUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:02 PM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba View Post
We're about two hours into it, not counting sourcing. So. Much. Work...
Well Scuba, From all the responses it sure looks like you're about ready to open up a Home Based Business - assuming you're not already a little concerned by the challenges & time commitments associated with the project. Obviously you have a concept that's in demand, and may even qualify for some IRS Home business write-offs on top of any profits from the merchandise...consequently you'll be able to update that sewing machine !
Think its great your idea has taken traction, but can also imagine the current pending "orders" must be overwhelming. Just rooting for you from a distance!
Old 02-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #44

I just got in my order of Havelock wool and am trying to figure out a curtain for behind the front seats. Definitely going to take a look at some of the fabrics mentioned here. Wanted to mention that no place I've gotten window coverings from has ever got the measurements right on the rear driver's side door. Got my fingers crossed for yours. Lol
Datzneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #45
Site Team

Maybe a solution is to make window covering sleeves that the end-user can insert their own insulation of choice into?

Herb
Old 02-28-2021, 07:39 PM   #46

We just finished making curtains for our new Sprinter, Savanna. They have insulation with reflective mylar inside with a fabric layer front and back. They roll up and magnets at the top ends engage with fender washers attached to the curtain one circumference down from the top. On the front driver and passenger windows we don't want the roll obstructing the view, so I screwed magnets to the door frame and used copper rivets to attach a fender washer sandwich in three places along the top. These, for the non-tinted windows, have black outside for the winter or reflective insulation outside for the summer.

David
Old 03-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamadave View Post
We just finished making curtains for our new Sprinter, Savanna. They have insulation with reflective mylar inside with a fabric layer front and back. They roll up and magnets at the top ends engage with fender washers attached to the curtain one circumference down from the top. On the front driver and passenger windows we don't want the roll obstructing the view, so I screwed magnets to the door frame and used copper rivets to attach a fender washer sandwich in three places along the top. These, for the non-tinted windows, have black outside for the winter or reflective insulation outside for the summer.

David
Pics please!

Thanks @Twoxentrix for the encouragement

Already making adjustments. I was disatisfied with the ripstop nylon-- it was difficult to keep the stitches straight, and it became clear that it really didn't need to be that lightweight to still roll-up.

If I haven't managed expectations enough already, it may be a while. The good news is I get my new van delivered tonight. (extra motivation to keep moving).
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:38 AM   #48

Im in for side barn doors and rear cargo doors.
Prefer reflectex type facing, gray material and a really robust way of securing them in place.

(BTW: I am totally down with you and your daughters business opportunity and willing to pay more to contribute to that. I have a small cottage business making custom knives and it takes a lot of work. Good luck)

John
jso5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #49

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jso5000 View Post
...I have a small cottage business making custom knives and it takes a lot of work. John
Ok John you have my interest (not to send this thread down another path, but taking this opportunity), I'd encourage you to start a Thread showcasing your Talents in the "classified" section...I have several custom hand made knives (Handcrafted by small USA craftsmen/artisans shops, and I use them proudly). Don't know of a guy that that isn't enamored by a good Knife...we all use them! If nothing else, please PM me with details on how to view yours - quite possible you'll sell me one.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:21 PM   #50

twoxentrix,
Good idea. Ill work on getting something set up on the classifieds so the whole Sportsmobile nation can see what I make and how my product might benefit them.

Ill PM you with some pics or link to some pics.

So not to hi-jack the thread - looking forward to seeing those window covers from scuba evolve with all of the good inputs from this forum.
jso5000 is offline   Reply With Quote