Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #1

ISO; Olympian Wave 3 (previous model)

Hello;
I am having a difficult time locating the original or previous design Wave 3 heater and was wondering if anyone had one for sale or could assist in locating one. I need to have the model which has the adjustment knob and the igniter mounted on the front in order to be able to start the unit using one hand... I only have the use of one arm and the new redesigned model will be an absolute pain trying to operate.

If anyone has one for sale or knows anyone please let me know, I am willing to purchase the new model even and trade it for someones slightly used or not too old original model.

Thanks for any help as I have exhausted all my local resources such as craigslist and local RV dealerships ect... I am located in Northern Virginia.

thelostmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:24 PM   #2

https://www.dyersonline.com/olympian...ty-heater.html
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:03 PM   #3

Garage
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-Olymp...75.c1#viTabs_0
Old 11-05-2020, 03:58 PM   #4

Thanks fellas... I'll msg that ebay seller but what I've found as with most retail websites is when the item is listed as "new" they don't actually stock the item but instead they're just a middleman or the retail page such as on adventurerv,net just hasn't updated their stock image yet. It is actually how I ended up on this quest ordering according to the image presented on said website.

This is the model that ends up being delivered when the item is listed as "new" as you can see I am not able to hold down the knob with my right hand pinky finger while at the same time reaching with my thumb to push the igniter. If I go floor mount I guess I could use my foot to depress the igniter but that's kind of absurd and it is going to be a wall mounting.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #5

Dyers RV is not a drop shipper. I have ordered 100's of dollars worth of product from them and its one of the fastest shippers i have ever done business with.

If all else fails pickup the telephone, call them, and ask if what they stock is actually the old unit pictured on their website.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
Dyers RV
Well Dyers has been very accommodating compared to many retailers I have contacted. Dyers offered me two options, one being to check their warehouse stock physically and the second was to directly contact Camco for me using her personal contact to see if they can source the original model. The only results all my phone calls and emails have netted so far has been getting these retailers and sellers update their image to reflect the design change lol.

We'll see how it goes... I may have to bite the bullet buying the redesigned model just to have it modified, which will no doubt be a tricky proposition considering the nature of the equipment and safety regulations/concerns.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #7

Garage
I understand your frustration better now, and will assume you're committed to this Brand & Model. As I understand with your description, the large knob needs to be depressed and then the igniter - what if you used a 2" wide x 8" long piece of Velcro strap and attach one end (with a single screw) just behind the large button, then place a small portion of the Velcro mate to the front of the appliance (height to be even with the knob and strap) allowing you to pull the Velcro strap across the top of the knob with enough pressure to depress the knob while you run it across the mate you attached on the front...then let go of the strap (it should hold the knob in on its own), reach over & depress the igniter, then remove the Velcro strap.
In my my mind this seems to offer a solution, and put an end to your search in locating the same model. If nothing else, maybe it will spawn another DIY idea to accomplish same.
Wishing you a quick solution!
Old 11-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #8

https://asheville.craigslist.org/for...230278969.html I have nothing to do with it & Don’t know if he’s willing to ship but at least worth a shot.
Sporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote