Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2022, 04:05 PM   #11

Garage
On state street at em motors.

https://www.emmotorsboise.com/invent...assenger/2239/

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Thanks, but it does not meet the minimum requirements such as water, furnace, and further lacks a usable interior space. The price is too high to add those in after the fact. Thanks for the tip though!
m3bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:16 PM   #13

Unfortunately the timing of the auction just do any align with mine. Thanks for looking out though, I was certainly not expecting as much activity on this forum so fast!
Old 03-09-2022, 04:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRRNNR View Post
FYI, The current owner has a thread going on this van on the facebook sportsmobile owners group and has been answering questions there if you're interested.
Unfortunately the timing of the auction just do any align with mine. Thanks for looking out though, I was certainly not expecting as much activity on this forum so fast!
Old 03-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Lots of great accessories on that rig, but subtracting those it seems like you'd be paying $40k for a stock Quigley van, mid mileage 7.3 notwithstanding.
NeedsWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #16

Garage
You're looking for what lots of people are looking for, as I'm sure you know. The 7.3 is probably a $10K premium.

I throw this out not as a criticism, but more of a heads up. Have you spent much time driving, and in particular, camping and off-roading in a 7.3? It is the loudest engine I have ever been around. That may be fine if you add lots of insulation on the doghouse and keep the windows up and stereo blasting, but if you like to cruise mellow two-tracks with the windows down it is loud!

I borrowed a friend's SMB with 7.3 for a two-day trip. I knew within 15 minutes off road that it wasn't for me. I went 5.4. I would do a v10 now.

One of the great attributes of Toyotas for off-roading (I have a tacoma and an FZJ-80) is how quiet they are. Don't know if you appreciate that about yours.
2006 E350 RB-31 MG Metalworks/UJOR 4x4 swap (on to another)
ranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 01:21 PM   #17

I’ve never had an issue of needing more power with my 6.0.
Lewgillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchero View Post
You're looking for what lots of people are looking for, as I'm sure you know. The 7.3 is probably a $10K premium.

I throw this out not as a criticism, but more of a heads up. Have you spent much time driving, and in particular, camping and off-roading in a 7.3? It is the loudest engine I have ever been around. That may be fine if you add lots of insulation on the doghouse and keep the windows up and stereo blasting, but if you like to cruise mellow two-tracks with the windows down it is loud!

I borrowed a friend's SMB with 7.3 for a two-day trip. I knew within 15 minutes off road that it wasn't for me. I went 5.4. I would do a v10 now.

One of the great attributes of Toyotas for off-roading (I have a tacoma and an FZJ-80) is how quiet they are. Don't know if you appreciate that about yours.
My Tacoma is not exactly quiet either with its current setup. I'm not real worried about noise. the advantages of power, reliability and the fuel type able to power my furnace and cook top are very worthy. I also think there is a cool factor to them. This will be my first diesel vehicle so i have lots to learn and will not be as loud as my AMG. I wouldn't touch a 6.0 with a ten foot pole.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
My Tacoma is not exactly quiet either with its current setup. I'm not real worried about noise. the advantages of power, reliability and the fuel type able to power my furnace and cook top are very worthy. I also think there is a cool factor to them. This will be my first diesel vehicle so i have lots to learn and will not be as loud as my AMG. I wouldn't touch a 6.0 with a ten foot pole.
Sounds good. Simple to put in an auxiliary tank in a gas van though. Had a diesel heater in my 5.4 SMB. Have a diesel heater and diesel cooktop in my gas powered Quigley Transit. I don't think I would do a diesel cooktop again. 10 minutes to warm up before you can cook anything. It does sip fuel though.
2006 E350 RB-31 MG Metalworks/UJOR 4x4 swap (on to another)
ranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:06 PM   #20

Garage
Is diesel out of the question? My 2007 RB50 6.0L will be available in about two months. Very well setup. Let's talk.
Attached Thumbnails
sipressSMB1.jpeg   IMG_1567.jpg   lundySMB1.jpg   sipressSMB2.jpg   IMG_5422.jpg