Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #1

Looking for SMB cover for 20ft SMB with Contempo top

Hi Everyone,
ConnieKat has finally found and bought her SMB (many thanks to Bill!!!) Now looking for a cover to prevent sun damage from my high elevation home in Colorado. Will be posting a gallery in a bit, but not just yet. Still trying to get all the legal stuff taken care of. Also, a question for anyone else in Colorado. Has anyone had any problems with mice, or is SMB well enough insulated to keep the little devils out? If not, any suggestions?
Thanks to everyone who got back to me, I will be in touch!
ConnieKat

ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #2

Re: Looking for SMB cover for 20ft SMB with Contempo top

Went to King Soopers to fill up once and a mouse dropped out right in front of the rear tire, looked confused and disappeared.

Have been lucky with no evidence inside (the house is a different story...) but I have some healthfood store natural dryer sheets stuffed all over, dryer sheets being one of the things supposed to help.

As far as holes they vary but definitely the potential is there. If you have a door over the propane/city hookups the insert behind it is as often as not not sealed to the van.

For a cover, I couldn't be happier than with my new Shelter Logic, much easier than a custom cover.

So are you saying that you bought Wilson?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #3

God no! Do you really think Bill would part with Wilson?!!!! No, Bill spotted mine on Craig's list, and let me know fast enough for me to do something about it. I'd probably have lost out, but ended up being first on the responders list, since he found it so fast (the day it came out, I think). If you were browsing at all, you might have seen this one....owned by a woman in Las Vegas. A bit of a big deal since I had to borrow the money to buy it. At 60 I really couldn't afford "save up" and buy it. It's a beauty, well worth the price, and she had everything fixed, that needed it, (not much), threw in a new microwave and stove, etc. Pretty amazing....even had it detailed and ready to go. I'm now in the process of making it "my own". Anyway, I know about the mice up here, so thought I'd ask, just in case. No sign yet, but it hasn't been here long. Now what is this top you're talking about, how much, and where can I find it? Any particular brand of dryer sheets...or did I miss it?
Thanks,
ConnieKat
Old 03-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #4

BW played a VERY small part
I just have no life and searched CL

Of course Connie, we dont believe you as we have
not seen the detailed and many PICTURES
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #5

What I am supposed to think, he's been talking about his next build in one thread and how he is going to have a Tiger built in another...
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #6

Jage,
You appear to have a cat, nice one as your Avatar. I too, have cats....5 at present, and despite cats and various methods....the mice still get into an awful lot of things. I have also had them drop out of my jeep at unexpected moments. The last jeep, that is....They completely destroyed the seat stuffing and heating wires , god knows what else. I didn't know Bill was looking to build a new Wilson...thought he just got done with the present one. I can't imagine that. Just got mine, and plan some changes, fortunately, not that many. I promise....will post pics asap. Just bought the LED replacement bulbs for my lamps (just 2 ), to try them out. I'd seen so many posts on that I thought it might be worth a try. Also replacing my table (slightly warped) with a 3 height folding table from camping world. Working also, on my version of a shower....will let everyone know how that comes out, if you're interested. The other thing I'm trying to do is keep the noise down by getting various kitchen stuff of silicone, plastic, etc. Am looking for a dual purpose pot to use for frying and soups, etc. Anyone have any ideas....let me know.
ConnieKat